Skip to content

Announcements

Newly diagnosed? Visit the Epilepsy Health Center, check out community tips and review resources.
Happy New Year
hootyowl2 posted:
I have not popped in for awhile, but just thought I would wish ALL of you a Happy New Year.

At the moment, I am okay and just keeping busy here at home and my church. We were in a nasty car wreck in early November, and the other driver was a semi trucker on a back road. He totalled DS's car and fled the scene. I am still sore in my neck and shoulders, doc thinks probably whiplash, plus I have arthritis for a long time.

I hope all of you are as well as possible.

Love,

Hooty

dancer86442 responded:
Hello Hooty,

Thank You for dropping in. Happy New Year to you & yours, too! Bummer about the wreck. I Hope you heal soon.

I'm still remain the same. Just got over a mild Bronchial infection. 2 in 1 yr ain't bad considering COPD.

Hope you have a Good Year. I will be here for you whenever you want to check in again. HUGS My Friend!

Love Candi
March 26 Epilepsy Awareness Day Advocate

hootyowl2 replied to dancer86442's response:
Hi Candy,

Hugs to you too. I am glad you kicked the bronchitis. None of us were injured, at least not seriously. I just wish they could catch that semi driver before he kills someone. He was taking a cut off to avoid the weigh scales on the main highway, so likely he was up to no good. He should have had a lot of our car on his truck.

Hugs and prayers,

Hooty

dancer86442 replied to hootyowl2's response:
Hi Hooty,

That is Awful that they haven't caught up w/ the driver, yet. I hope they do & Soon! I'm glad no one in your vehicle was injured seriously. But, what about the post traumatic stress? How are you & everyone holding up?

I can still recall a Gas Semi almost running us over in a gas station parking lot. He was in a Hurry to leave after servicing their pumps. Fool didn't even slow down to make sure we were OK. SCARY!

You have a Good Day & Lots of Good tomorrows! Hugs!

Love Candi
March 26 Epilepsy Awareness Day Advocate

hootyowl2 replied to dancer86442's response:
We are doing okay. Thanks.

We were driving on a 2 lane blacktop, and it is hilly/mountainous in our area. It was rainy, and this semi came speeding around a steep curve in our lane. My son swerved hard to our right to avoid a head on collision, while the semi driver also swerved hard to his right. It sent our car into a skid, and my son had to then swerve hard to our left to avoid a very deep ravine. About the same time, the semi's trailer swerved into our lane and clobbered us. It took out the left front end and the electrical system. We came to a rest on a small shoulder on the wrong side of the road, and that was the only place we could have gone safely. Passersby helped us out and it was several hours before the highway patrol could get there. They had several accidents to take care of that day.

We could have been killed either way. THANK GOD for his mercy and protection. The semi driver never even slowed down, and just kept going. Semi trucks frequently take this back road to avoid the weigh station on the main highway. I have posted it on several websites in case someone out there just might know something. It is in south central Missouri Douglas county, if someone were to have an idea, they could PM me....don't know if this site has that function? The tractor is a recent model, shiny black, and the company information is in a gold/brown square-ish outline with the information in the middle. It all happened so fast, we could not get more info on him. My thinks he had a boxed in trailer, and I thought it was a flatbed with a covered load such as lumber.

We were in a state of shock for some time, and this was my son's first and only accident. Anyway, we are fine.

I hope all here are safe and well.

Love ya, Hooty

saxofone1 responded:
Hi Hooty,

Glad to hear from you. Sorry about the car accident. Fortunately everyone is okay(aside from the PTSD that Candi mentioned). A mild exercise routine or yoga might help with the neck/shoulders. Do take your time in this recovery.

I'm doing great. Maybe 3 seizures for 2012. I currently have a volunteer job with a local elementary school. I help the kindergarten teachers as well as the art teacher. Kids have been my steady therapy since the mid 80s.

I do hope that any info about that semi driver is soon found.

Happy New Year to you and your loved ones.

angie

hootyowl2 replied to saxofone1's response:
Hi Angie,

Glad to hear from you too. I used to sub teach when I was still driving. I really enjoyed working with the kids. It was my favorite job.

I have occasional break through seizures usually if I forget to take my meds. Otherwise, I have been good.

Hooty

saxofone1 replied to hootyowl2's response:
Hi Hooty,

Don't fret about the breakthroughs. It's nothing out of the ordinary to occasionally forget a med.

I hope you're getting stronger/feeling better with each new day.

angie

hootyowl2 replied to saxofone1's response:
Hi Saxofone,

How are you? Some days I just do not get as far as this board. I fall asleep here at my computer a lot... Oh well.
I am fine otherwise. It is sleeting and snowing here, and cold. It is to be down around 0' tonight. If it is cold where you are, I hope you can keep warm.

Is that you with the bandage on your head in the picture? Have you got the bandage off yet? I think it has been awhile.
I was going to change my picture thing, but cannot find where to do it on here any more. That option seems to be gone? I hope you are well, and recovered from your surgery long already.

Take care and God bless. [everyone here>

Hooty

saxofone1 replied to hootyowl2's response:
Hi Hooty,

I'm recovering from an acute respiratory infection that had me down the entire month of Feb. I finally feel good enough to return to my volunteer job at a nearby elementary school.

No snow here in Vegas but we do expect some rain. I can handle that.

Yes, that is me with the head wrap. Dana(clarinet2) is standing beside. This pic was taken the week of my lobectomy in April '02.

My seizures are 99.999 gone. I had a breakthrough earlier this year that was due to a hit in the head by a special needs kid. I quickly removed myself from that classroom. I laugh about it cause we're never too old to learn.

Thanks for your concern. Good to hear from ya.

angie

Helpful Tips

Want to change font size?
It is easy to make the font bigger press and hold your control key and click on the + key until it's as big as you like, To make ... More
Was this Helpful?
27 of 41 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Epilepsy Center