Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Newly diagnosed? Visit the Epilepsy Health Center, check out community tips and review resources.
here we go again
hawiian_girl11 posted:
Aloha,

Thursday I had a Partial that went Tonic/Clonic on me and I spent an hr in the urgent care from it.

THey took x rays and all that good stuff and I wound up in a boot and back on crutches again for another 3-4 weeks.

My foot got caught under the hide-a-bed couchc and got twisted really bad and looked broken and I could not walk on it. husband at work not home so I called friend and he took me to the urgent care and made sure I got in there due to bad limping and that thinkgs got under way as good as they could.

so that is my news for now will keep you updated as i
I am also seeing a MIgraine specailsit in Scottsdale another clininc in the same system to the oen where I go to see my neuro. I Do not know if any of you have heard od Gliacin. but he is making me take it for a motnt to see if it works to help woth the migraines and headaches, If it does then his dx for that woujld be hemicranial continua. hoever I had a migraine yesterday and took my Imitrex shot and it went away so I di not know if this is going to work, IT is making me sick the only side effect is diahhrea spelled wrwong. I am not so sure I want to be having that all the tiem. and feel like crap.

what would you do about that herb.

Nancy

dancer86442 responded:
I feel for ya Nancy. I sure wish DRs could/would find a med that worked for you that Helped w/ all your seizure/migraine issues. As for the new med/herb dr is having you try: The side effect Mite go away after 2 weeks. So, hang in there. What I don't understand, is if the Imitrex?? shot works to alleviate Migraines, then why another drug?

I just opened my email today & saw/read your post. Nancy, I believe you, becuz, I Have known you almost as long as your DR has. Plus, I do My Homework. I am Not like others' who think they know everything. As to what others' on other sites think/believe, again, Ignore them. But, you said ppl here on WebMD don't believe you either. WHO? I haven't noted anyone replying/questioning you. You have a Facebook account? Why not join some of the groups on FB? Try Women With Epilepsy.

Hugs Love Candi
March 26 Epilepsy Awareness Day Advocate

hawiian_girl11 replied to dancer86442's response:
candi,

I did not mean this site and if I made the mistake and included this one it was a bad mistake,

I do not have a face book account because it got hacked into 2 yrs ago and someone got into it and made up a bunch of rumors that my dads side of the family got a hold of and spread tp the rest f the family and they were not nice ones and some were bald face lises about my personal life.

incljudinung my things about my marriage like I was getting divorced not after almost 19 yrs Im not and 2 kids and all the crap I have been thru. NO way!

That person broke me down piece by piece and they just gobbled it up and really enjoyed it. so I try to stay off face book.

THAT HURT!

I am also with epilepsy.com and am on several different groups there.

I used to be woth the EFA before left for 5 yrds then returned. I belong to the TLE GROUP and parent talking w/parents.

that one is a good one for me. has held me up straight after my loss it has been a real support.

but 2 day s ago I left that other group and it is too bad because today someone poted a question "VNS-what is it like?" I wanted to jump back in and answer it but didn't.

those pelple never even asked me why I was leaving or even asked me to stay, most people wold try to do that but they are so w rapped up n their own little world tha tthey can not function on anyone else but them selves and that is too bad.

you have also known me for longer than you think. this group has grown bigger sinece I was in it when it was just a small corcle of people. So I have know you a long time.

did you know that Mgraines are mini szs of the blood vessels aroind the brain? my doctor told me that on the 13th when I went to see him for my usualu neuro check-up. that is why it goes hand-in-hand with Epilepsy because it is sz activity in another area that is close to the brain but NOT in it.

nancy

hawiian_girl11 responded:
Aloha,

I went to see my orthopedic doc oon the 4th and came home to Hawaii in a cast for a month. then I have to go back and then a walking cast will be put on for a month.

this is due to szs.

The first sz to cause the first n ewinjury to my ankle is a tonic clonic that got my ankle stuck under the couch hide-a bed hyper extended, then last Thursday I had a drop attack which is rare for me and fell walking and landed on the inside of my ankle. I did not go back until the forth and this oocured on the 2nd. It got so I could not put any weight on it at all, so I made an appoinmnet and flew in, more broken bones and tormn ligaments may have to have surgery don't know yet until a month from now when he re evaluates it.

I put it in a hot pink one for the month of Feb since Valentine's Day is in this month.

My knee also locked up so it may have to be scoped as well at another time when the rest of this mess all calms down.

no I do NOT have osteoperous , osteoarthritis, or any ot that s tuff I was tested for it twice. nothing.

Nancy

Helpful Tips

?Epilepsy Meetup? ? Support Groups Around the World
If you're looking for a support group — or if you want to start your own support group — "Epilepsy Meetup" is a fantastic site ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Epilepsy Center