Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Newly diagnosed? Visit the Epilepsy Health Center, check out community tips and review resources.
conversion in my child
shruthig posted:
my child is 3.5 years now he got a conversion when he is 2 year due to fever it was 101 F so docter told me whenever he get a fever put him frizium and crocin ..so that's what i am doing till now
.... upto what age i had to put frizium for him .. upto 7 years or till what age i had to take care of it .. because recently my uncle got a fits he does not have from the begining but he is getting mow in the middle so is there any chance of getting the same for my child also .... so at what age he may get back this or he won't get fits in future or what i have a dought .....

pls clarify about this ... is there precaution i had to take so that i can avoid for him in the future

Take the Poll

my child is 3.5 yrs he will get a conversion whenever he is having high fever upto what age it will come?bcs recently my uncle got a fits he does not have from the begining but he is getting now in the middle so is thre any chance of getting the same for my child also pls..
  • genuine answers
  • chance of getting in future
  • upto what age i will be there
vote
View Poll Results

dancer86442 responded:
Hello Mom,

I apologize for not answering sooner. I was waiting on some feedback/advice from others' on your situation. There are 2 things I know you should consider. 1. Try adding D3 to his vitamin regimen. It will Help build up his immune system & it May help prevent future seizures. 2. If seizures do continue, please talk w/ his Neuro about Neurofeedback.

I have no clue as to whether he will continue to have seizures. Only your DR/Neurologist can confirm that. He will run the necessary tests. EEG, portable EEG or Video EEG & a CTScan or MRI.

Please, start a Daily Journal for your child. More info in our Helpful Tips. A Journal will Help you & his DRS. Plus, it will be valuable Info for your son if seizures return as an adult.

Please keep us posted on his progress. Learn about All aspects of Epilepsy, too. Visit our Epilepsy Health Center. & google/search for more Info. Knowledge is Power. BTW: I know your son is Young, but, there are books on Amazon.com for All ages to help him understand what is happening. Note titles/authors & go to your local library. Talk w/ the Research Librarian about availability of those books. Hugs

Love Candi
March 26 Epilepsy Awareness Day Advocate

hawiian_girl11 responded:
I think you mean convulsion not conversion. a conversion disorder is a cdompletely different thing.

what it sound like to me sinsce you said he gets one every time he runs a fever , he is having a febriie sz from a fast spiking high fever.

my grandma had them and my 2 nephews have them.

I am not a doc and don't profess to be one but that is what it sounds like to me.

I am an RN but NOT a doctor.

nancy

hawiian_girl11 replied to hawiian_girl11's response:
usually febrile szs disapate by age 5 or 6.

only 5% go on to develop epilepsy. everyone is different and that does not mean that your child will.

My nephews were told to repeat Tylenol with motrin every other hr to keep the fever down and not spike,

So that iis what .so that is what my cousin does for them when they spike high quick fevers.

the one is 6 and has been on Phenobarbitol snce his first one at 1 yr, and his brother started at 4. they are 6 and 4

both on the same drug as a precautionary measure.

your uncle probably has epilepsy at that age but I am NOT a doctor,

my szs were not caught until 29 when I was in a car wreck hitting a tree head on. but I have had it all my life. my neurologist thinks,

GIven the hx my mom has given him.I am adopted.

my birth mom was a drug user of hard drugs and I was a drug baby as well as having a very high billirubin abd jaundiced until I was 10 months old.

does epilepsy run in your family?

NAncy

Helpful Tips

Want to change font size?
It is easy to make the font bigger press and hold your control key and click on the + key until it's as big as you like, To make ... More
Was this Helpful?
27 of 41 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Epilepsy Center