Skip to content

Announcements

Newly diagnosed? Visit the Epilepsy Health Center, check out community tips and review resources.
having to give up things
hawiian_girl11 posted:
Aloha,

I have to give up my bi ke. When my neuro asked me what I did to get around other than walk which I can not do right now, I said ride my bike.

But after he founf out that I wrapped my self around trees 2 times and fell down 2 slopes here in HI he said that I have to give it up. There is a donation thing going on that takes in bikes for HS kids so they have a form of transportation to school. So that is where mine is going.

IT is aa huffy backwater bike, meant for dry land and wet land .

It is a 20 yr old bike that looks like brand new. so away it goes and now I have to walk places but only to the library when I get the clearance.

I am still in cast until march 10 then I will be in a walking cast for a month then in PT for about 3-4 weeks.

BUt I have had to make some pretty harf decions in the last 6 months.

I had a piano and had to make a really hard descsion to have to give that up because I caould not play both hands togheter anymore. So I decedied to give it to a firend of mine's son who is studying to be a music therpapist and he is really enjoying it. so that went to a good cause.

I am sure there will be more I have to give up as this goes on.

Nancy

dancer86442 responded:
It is a shame you had to give up your bike. But, better Safe than Sorry. Rite? Too bad about the piano, too. But, you did good giving these things to PPL who need them. Kudos to you!

Love Candi
March 26 Epilepsy Awareness Day Advocate

hootyowl2 responded:
I am sorry you had to give up your bike and piano. Ouch. I gave up bikes on my own many years ago because of an old spinal injury and arthritis in my hips. It just made riding unbearable. That I really do not miss.

However, I could not give up my piano playing. I play at church. I am self taught, but no Mozart or Beethoven. I just enjoy it so much. Even if you cannot play both hands together any more, playing for your own enjoyment is good for you. Even if it aint so good for other people's ears... Exercising your mind and piano playing might have helped you to regain some ability there again? At least it went to a good cause. Maybe they will let you come and take music therapy on the piano ? I hope you can find a way to keep playing piano.

Hooty

Helpful Tips

Want to change font size?
It is easy to make the font bigger press and hold your control key and click on the + key until it's as big as you like, To make ... More
Was this Helpful?
27 of 41 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Epilepsy Center