ankle surgery
hawiian_girl11 posted:
Aloha,

After having a sz that caused me to act drunk I rolled my ankle and took 2 steps on it while it was rolled over and tore ligaments. It had been fixed on dec 27 of 11 and now it has to have a revision on it.

It will most likely be in July probably by the end of the month or early August.

I am going across the country to see my grandma who is 90 yrs old and will be on uneven ground, hills, pot holes, dirt driveway, etc. All the more likely to roll it more, so I will be put in a cast again to go with my mom all the way there.

I am in one now.

My doc thinks I will be walking by that time, but that is not going to happen. I have to see his PA and he will put me in another cast to protect it. He will come in the DME room and take a look at it then have them recast it.

DME means Durable Medical Equipment.

That was caused by a sz.

The other day I was helping my mom clean her pool and she wanted me to bend down and hook up the suction for the hose to vacuum the pool and I bent down after telling her it was not going to work. I fell over and took a huge fall and 4 huge bruises and 3 scrape markes and a sprain between my first and second fingers.

Why would she make me do that when she knew that I could not put weight on the ankle and would lose my balance as soon as I would lean over. I am injured because of her. She thought nothing of it.

I fell on the rocks on the hose cart, on the pool noodles, on the plastic bench, and landed on my cast and almost broke that because of her.

She knew better. I almost had a sz after falling because of all that stress of falling. I later that evening had one and chalked it up to that.

she knew better than that about the ankle and did that anyway and the possibility of szs but argued me into it. She used to be my caretaker and now does things that she never used to do.

Is it because I moved so far away or what.

She is constantly making nasty remarks about me being an invalid all the time on crutces and stuff like that when she knows it is from that sz.

What can I do to stop this from happening?

She is NOT ignorant about the epilepsy.

any suggestions.

Manola,

Nancy

hawiian_girl11 responded:
Aloha,

I do have to have surgery on my ankle.

It was decided on the 10th of June and I just never got back to you and if I did I am sorry. The Topamax and Fycompa have memory problems.

But July 31st is the revision date.

7/22 is the pre-op date with my doc the medical clearance was 7/17 the surgery is 7/31 time TBD first f/u 8/20 and second f/u is on 9/30.

I will be on crutches until the 20th of August. Who knows what he will do with me after that. I know PT will be thrown in after that at some point but that will be done in Honolulu where I live.

The order will be sent here and I will go back to PHX for the second f/u. I will remain in PHX for the 3 weeks following my surgery so that my mom and friends can help take care of me. My family will be there some of the time.

Honolulu is NOT next door so they will have to come back at some point.

THis last cast job was a terrible one. it is so loose that I have turned my ankle in it twice already. 7/22 it gets changed one last time before the surgery so it should be on tighter.

It was put on by a cast tech who was a roving person who traveled to the various facilities of the same name when they needed extra help and he put it on way too loose.

nancy

dancer86442 replied to hawiian_girl11's response:
Hi Nancy,

I knew you were going to have surgery on your ankle, but, forgot when. Thanks for the Update. Bummer about the loose cast. I do hope it IS tighter this next go round. Lots of Hugs. I Know you will be glad when all is Done.

Love Candi
Prepare Now! November is Epilepsy Awareness Month. Find or Create an event to educate Others'.