Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Newly diagnosed? Visit the Epilepsy Health Center, check out community tips and review resources.
epileptic
An_257455 posted:
I have been diagnosed epileptic for nearly 9yrs now and everytime i have a seizure it scares me and im only 21yrs off ages the medication that im taking at the moment does not work for me i am scared to do anything because i can have a seizure at anytime so a really scared to do anything myself or be alone for myself my specailist said there was a cure for it but not until. im atleast 25 ever since i got diagnosed with epiletic havent able to do nothing normal with my thanks for the people who read this xx

dancer86442 responded:
Your Dr is a quack. No Good. What does he Specialize in??? Becuz, He Lied! There is no cure! Not now or any time soon in the USA or any where else. Researchers have only found ways to control seizures. Medication, VNS, RNS implants, diets, Medical Marijuana (cannabidoil) & other alternatives. So, the First thing you need to do is find Another Neurologist. Ask B4 you make the appointment if the neurologist specializes in Epilepsy. Or seek an Epileptologist who does specialize in Epilepsy. Visit www.epilepsytalk.com Phylis has a list of Drs recommended by others' w/ Epilepsy. Maybe one in your area. Also, read her article on Diets. Use Search Tool located in her Menu.

Next: Start a Daily Journal. More info in Helpful Tips on the rite of your comp screen. A Journal can help you find your Triggers & then you can avoid those triggers.

What kind of seizures do you have? How often? What have others' witnessed? Do they Time your seizures? You are OK as long as your seizures don't last for more than 2-5 minutes. Longer seizures require going to the ER for exam/treatment.

Keep in mind: You are not Alone! Epilepsy affects approximately 50 million ppl in the world. You can Still do Normal things. You just have a few limitations. Like No Driving! Showers Only. Baths should be Only if you are Supervised.

Visit amazon.com for a list of books about Epilepsy. Most recommended: Treating Epilepsy Naturally by Patricia Murphy. Go to your local Library & ask for the Research Librarian. Give her a list of books/authors you would like to read.

How I got over my Fear: I Educated myself about all aspects of Epilepsy including treatments. I share what I learn & support those who are scared like you. Keep talking to us. We care! Hugs

Love Candi
Prepare Now! November is Epilepsy Awareness Month. Find or Create an event to educate Others'.

hawiian_girl11 responded:
Candi is rite with everything she said. No cure.

You need to find someone else.

I had 2 quack/idiots. They called me a fake/faker that mine were all in my head, but they were not.

I have since transferred to another neurologist that I have had for 7.5 years and I think he is great.

He has literally saved my life when I first got to him.

Right now after trying other meds and having nothing work I am now on a combo that seems to help I take 200 mgs of Topamax, 800 mgs of Lamictal and 4 mgs of Fycompa ( a new drug that came out on April 7th), and she also mentioned several other options like VNS, I have that as well.

the VNS is going to be replaced soon so that coupled with the new med aught to be a good one 2 tandum.

You need to get different meds or keep on the med merry go round as Candi calls it until you find a med or meds that work for you so you can get it under control.

just pay attention to Candi. SHe is the ones to listen to. I try to get the scond point across but I am not as bright as her. I can not think like her and not as good as her.

nancy

Helpful Tips

DEEPLY DISCOUNTED DRUGS WITHOUT INSURANCE
Believe it or not, you can save BIG bucks at the drugstore around the corner (some prescription, some generic and some of both, depending ... More
Was this Helpful?
25 of 41 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Epilepsy Center