Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Newly diagnosed? Visit the Epilepsy Health Center, check out community tips and review resources.
Fycompa New Medcine for Seizures
kathy2111 posted:
Has any one out there has started on Fycompa (Perampanel Tablets )
For partial onset seizures ? Any side effects ?
Thanks Kathyg

dancer86442 responded:
Hello Kathy,

I've been reading quite a few comments about this new med. Everyone seems to be doing fine on it as far as side effects. But, you Still need to now what to watch out for. Have you checked our Drug/supplement Tool, up top? Once you reach that page note the box w/ Info has tabs. Clik Side effects. Then, below the box, note a Questions about side effects. Clik on it. It will be a more comprehensive list of side effects that Have been reported.

If you answer this, I will ask others' on Face Book what else they have experienced, too. But, always remember what others' experience may not be the same for you.

Give you med 2-6 weeks. Your system needs to adjust. Eat nutritiously while titrating on to this med. Proper nutrition will diminish side effects & may even eliminate some. Plus, Read our Journal Info in Helpful Tips. Start one today. Most important when starting meds.

Hope this helps. Welcome to our Community. Hugs!

Love Candi
Prepare Now! November is Epilepsy Awareness Month. Find or Create an event to educate Others'.

hawiian_girl11 responded:
Aloha from Hawaii.

I take Fycoma and have since it came out April 7th.

It does keep some szs in check but I have to have my VNS replaced to keep it in full ccheckkkk but most of my szs are uncitrolled.

Fycompa is known for its s/e of falls, dizziness, incoordination and ataxia. Those are what to look for but not everyone will have them. I wound up with the dizziness and the falls. I had a sz one night that caused me to act drunk, something that never has occurred before, and I turned my ankle and took 2 steps on it while is was turned and then fell. I fall when I am duzzy, but have found a way to alleviate that s/e. I wait until the last possible minute to take my meds and then I take them and get into bed to either watch TV, Read or just go to bed. I make sure I have brushed my teeth, and done all my other stuff to so with the bathroom and other things that include walking around and then stay on my bed. It takes about 15-20 minutes for those s/e to start showing up in me so I know I have that much time to flake around and get things done before I have to attach to the bed, but I would rather get to the bed then take it and stay there and avoid all the effects.

I can not walk straight if I get up afyter they take affect and it is hard to do.

When I get up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom, I have been known to fall asleep standing up going to or coming from the bathroom due to is sedetary effects.

thus causing falls.

but my doc has outweighed the bad for the good and put me on it even though it has its its risks.

You can also find more side effects on webmeds site and look it up under find a drug and do it alphabetically and then push the f key and then where the FY falls and then you should be able to find it. I have looked it up there several times.

epilepsy.com, medicinenet.com, and others also have Fycompa

nancy

Helpful Tips

maybe not a seizure
A friend of mine had what he thought was a seizure. They could find nothing but he lost his license also. For one documented seizure. A ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Epilepsy Center