Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Newly diagnosed? Visit the Epilepsy Health Center, check out community tips and review resources.
KLonopin Name Brand (personal anger about this)
anthonybrownii posted:
I have been on this as my primary seizure medication since 2001, I have just been informed by ROCHE and it's U.S.A. subsidiary GENENTEC that they won't be resupplying until maybe September 2014. I am on a mono-treatment after being unsucessful with Trileptal. I have tried the generic Clonazepam and it was like taking no pill at all. I have been a medical guinea pig for Pharmacuetical companies since my first seizure in 1970 back then it was Phenobarbitol and Dilantin. I contacted my Nuero/Epileptologist and the receptionist said that this isn't an emergency and she will get with my Dr's nurse who will get with my DR. I will run out of Klonopin on the first or second of July 2014. I called to get placed on another med so that I can start treatment now instead of in the bed of the Emergency room.

dancer86442 responded:
Hi Anthony,

Wow, I know a lot of ppl are going to be contacting their docs. What the Heck?? You would think the pharma companies would be more on top of keeping meds in supply.

A med change May be a good idea. But, as usual, docs can't predict what will or will not work for you. So, here is Hoping whatever you try next will work as effectively as the Klonopin. Since you have 'been there, done that' more than once I won't lecture ya on what to do or don't do.

Hope your doc sees it differently then the dang receptionist. Not an Emergency??? Well, maybe not in her eyes. Obviously she doesn't understand/realize that a med that Works for us is our Only Lifeline in this Mad world of Epilepsy.
Keep us posted. Hugs

Love Candi
Prepare Now! November is Epilepsy Awareness Month. Find or Create an event to educate Others'.

anthonybrownii replied to dancer86442's response:
Thank you for your understanding I went to the manager and they are checking my are to get me supplied but I want to talk to the doc about a switch but as always here we go on the merry go round I hope it's a slow spin or none at all.

Helpful Tips

DEEPLY DISCOUNTED DRUGS WITHOUT INSURANCE
Believe it or not, you can save BIG bucks at the drugstore around the corner (some prescription, some generic and some of both, depending ... More
Was this Helpful?
25 of 41 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Epilepsy Center