Skip to content

Announcements

Newly diagnosed? Visit the Epilepsy Health Center, check out community tips and review resources.
seizures
An_258028 posted:
Question. .I have been blacking out and
I had my first full blown seizure a month ago... I get told I hate petit mal seizures frequently (almost every day). .I have been told to see neurologist.. my memory has been bad... could I have epilepsy?

fighterforlife92 responded:
Have* not hate...

dancer86442 responded:
If you have had 2 or more similar incidents, Yes, you have Epilepsy. Petit mals Are Seizures! And yes they can advance to other types of seizures if left untreated.

Please, ask, whoever is seeing these incidents to Time them & note what happens B4, during & after. Also, please read our Journal Info in Helpful Tips & start a Journal today!

More questions? Just need someone to talk w/? We will be here. Hugs

Love Candi
Prepare Now! November is Epilepsy Awareness Month. Find or Create an event to educate Others'.

saxofone1 responded:
Hi fighter,

Welcome to the family. Here you will find many friends who are happy to answer you questions or guide to the resources that might help. We are also happy to read your rants whenever you feel you must "scream" cuz most of us have had those days.

As Candi says, "Yes, you have epilespy". You've made an important step by simply posting your concerns with us. Also your name "fighter" says alot about your spirit.

To some people, seizures as well as loss of memory can be scary. The memory loss is likely due to the seizures. In my later yrs of ep, I had no recall of the first few minutes following a seizure. Since '75, I've had only one that truly unnerved me. I can share that one with you at another time if you wish.

Do you recall feeling any particular way that you might have felt prior to the seizures? Butteflies in the stomach, strange taste, vision changes, etc? These are some to the auras( warnings of a possible upcoming seizure) that I experienced.

Keep moving forward as you seem to be doing. Ask questions. Be prepared for one at anytime but don't sit waiting for it to happen. Have a good day.

angie

p.s. If an incomplete post appears, the computer screen went blank for a short time and that post was lost.

Do you have a phone camera or video cam? If so, see if one can be captured to show the docs. Mine began in the "prehistoric" age when such techonology was unavailable. I'm talking about the "70s.

Helpful Tips

DEEPLY DISCOUNTED DRUGS WITHOUT INSURANCE
Believe it or not, you can save BIG bucks at the drugstore around the corner (some prescription, some generic and some of both, depending ... More
Was this Helpful?
25 of 41 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Epilepsy Center