Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Newly diagnosed? Visit the Epilepsy Health Center, check out community tips and review resources.
WebMD's 2014 Health Heroes
atti_editor posted:
Who should win the People's Choice Award this year? Cast your vote here from a list of celebrities who have been featured on the cover of WebMD Magazine, and come back Nov. 3, to see the winner. This year's nominees are passionately involved in health causes from building programs for young athletes to championing new cancer treatments and working to teach people about endometriosis, rosacea, and more.

Plus, see what past Health Heroes winners are up to , and learn how you can be a health hero .

Voting ends August 15th

saxofone1 responded:
Hey, is Candi on the list? If not, she is my write-in for Health Heroes. She does so much for all of us. You don't have to be international or nationally known to be a hero.

angie

dancer86442 replied to saxofone1's response:
Thanks for your vote, Angie. But, it does say 'Those celebrities who have been featured on the cover of WebMD Magazine'. I don't think I have ever been featured in their publication. But, you know what? Shortly after I joined Face Book Groups, another Lady suggested I should be listed as a 'Hero' also. It makes my Day Knowing I have reached one more person w/ Epilepsy & given them the advice/Info they need. That is Truly the Best feeling & I don't need any Awards/recognition for That! I want to Award That Person for taking heed of whatever I had to say.

Lots of Love & Hugs! I hope you are having a Great Day/Week. Especially, now that School is back in session.

Love Candi
Prepare Now! November is Epilepsy Awareness Month. Find or Create an event to educate Others'.

saxofone1 replied to dancer86442's response:
Ur welcome Candi,

Until you have been featured in the magazine, you will be our UNSUNG HERO.

Yea, school starts in a few weeks. I dropped by the school earlier this week. I told the principal that she can count on me Mon-Thurs. I want to keep Friday open for doc appts, weekly errands, or a day simply for me.

See you on the other posts.

Love you,
angie

Helpful Tips

DEEPLY DISCOUNTED DRUGS WITHOUT INSURANCE
Believe it or not, you can save BIG bucks at the drugstore around the corner (some prescription, some generic and some of both, depending ... More
Was this Helpful?
25 of 41 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Epilepsy Center