Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Newly diagnosed? Visit the Epilepsy Health Center, check out community tips and review resources.
Weblinks for Epilepsy
Bruce78640 posted:
I?m going to start this collection off by sharing the link to the very one website I?ve started, which you might be surprised that no one had ever created before. Like duh. Please bear with me because it?s going to take me a while to learn the basics of what I?d like to do and use in order to construct the website. But at least I?ve got my foot in the window.

epilepsysupportgroup.com/

dancer86442 responded:
Here are a few I use. I will add more later.

www.epilepsyfoundation.org/

www.epinet.org.au/epinet2003/info/

www.my.epilepsy.com/

Epilepsy Hospitals/DRs www.naec-epilepsy.org/

ScienceDaily.com

Seizure-searchsays

Candi

Bruce78640 responded:
The University of Pennsylvania Health System ? Epilepsy > pennhealth.com/vitalsigns/march04/index.html

Watch the show online: > pennhealth.com/vitalsigns/march04/video1.html; > pennhealth.com/vitalsigns/march04/video2.html ; > pennhealth.com/vitalsigns/march04/video3.html

Neurology Channel > neurologychannel.healthology.com/epilepsy/epilepsy-information/focusareasub.htm

Brain Implant Helps Stop Seizures > www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/09/27/eveningnews/main645880.shtml

Police Response to People with Disabilities > www.usdoj.gov/crt/ada/policevideo/policebroadbandgallery.htm

Part 5: Epilepsy or Seizure Disorders - QuickTime: > www.usdoj.gov/crt/ada/policevideo/sect5qtbb.htm

YouTube: > Please understand that this weblink right here? www.youtube.com/results?search_query=epilepsy ?contains ALL of the listed results that came up using the word ?epilepsy? by itself in the search box for videos. At the moment of when I posted this, there were ?video results?.of about 2,700?. Throughout the future that number of video results may increase or decrease. Some videos might be repeats. Consider what I?m about to say as a warning or precaution. I can guarantee that a good number of those videos may very well try to trigger someone to have a seizure, just as several of the videos are people being disrespectful by insulting or making fun of those of us who have epilepsy or experience seizures. But, on the good side, there are several videos that seem rather helpful, some of which are about different types of seizures. There is one I know of that is a ?Series of Videos about Epilepsy?, which I will vote on as being wonderful videos. All 6 of those videos were once on the website of ?The Center for Epilepsy & Seizure Education in British Columbia?, but were apparently removed from their site. Not much later, I was able to locate those same videos through YouTube.com, one video where all 6 videos are played one right after the other, and then 6 separate videos where each one of those 6 videos are played by themselves. Hopefully, those videos will remain on YouTube. All 6 of those videos combined in to one are currently at www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ws-USSsSPH0 Uhh, I need to add an update to this because I just found out about it. It appears that all of those videos are back on the site for The Center for Epilepsy & Seizure Education in British Columbia , via www.epilepsy.cc/

Videos by the Epilepsy Foundation on You Tube can be found at > www.youtube.com/profile_favorites?user=EpilepsyFoundation

Bruce78640 responded:
Epilepsy.com > This website was once my most favorite for searching for loads and loads of information about epilepsy. But, like how so many things change these days, someone had to ?rearrange things? or so-called ?make improvements?. There was a ?Site Map? on there at one point, which was like an excellent table of contents for the entire epilepsy.com website. Personally, I consider the epilepsy.com site as being a bit better than the epilepsyfoundation.org (Epilepsy Foundation of America) site. But will also say that each site has a lot of good and helpful sources of information. Just wish that either one or both of these groups would create something, preferably without involving anyone famous, to be shown on television nationwide, on one of the main TV stations in the United States of America.

Epilepsy Foundation of America > www.epilepsyfoundation.org/

Plus more? EpilepsyUSA Magazine > www.epilepsyfoundation.org/epilepsyusa/index.cfm

Seizures & Epilepsy Education (S.E.E.) program: > www.theseeprogram.com/ Plus? The S.E.E. program library > www.theseeprogram.com/html/s_e_e__library.html

American Epilepsy Society: > www.aesnet.org/

www.epilepsy.com/epilepsy/seizure_medicines > At this site there is one section for General Information, and then another section with a listing of each individual seizure medication. Each one of the seizure medications listed, name brand and generic, has its own link. Click on any one and it will lead you to the introduction page for the medication. On the right-hand side of the page is a menu box titled ?Topics List?. Inside that menu box, directly below the words ?Topic List? are 3 tabs?Basic, Intermediate, Advanced. Click on any of the 3 individual tabs and you should see a scroll down listing of bullet points. A few of the bullet points are repeated under each tab, such as ?What is (name of drug) used far? What are the most common side effects? What are the most serious side effects??, but there might be some slightly different and or additional information. Anyway, there is a whole lot of information for each one of the medications. Plus, there?s another box located underneath that topics list, for a new comprehensive downloadable medication sheet, which is a pdf file. One more thing to add to this is that there is also a site for the ?International AED Name Database?, where you can search by Brand, Generic, Country, and or Company. If you were to search by Generic name, the results would show what the brand name is is which country and the company that manufactures the drug. Before I knew of this new source, where you can find what is what and in which country, I only knew of the one International AED Database available via the site for the International League Against Epilepsy (ILAE). Home page at www.ilae.org/ and the AED Database at www.ilae.org/Visitors/Centre/AEDs/index.cfm

Carbamazepine: > www.carbamazepine.com/

Carbatrol: > www.carbatrol.com/Default.aspx

Depakote ER ?divalproex sodium Extended-Release: > www.depakoteer.com/depakoteer/

DIASTAT AcuDial (diazepam rectal gel): > www.diastat.com/0-Home/index.html

Keppra: > www.keppra.com Plus Epilepsy Advocates > epilepsyadvocate.com/

Lyrica: > www.lyrica.com/content/main_home.jsp

Trileptal (oxcarbazepine): > www.trileptal.com/index.jsp

Topamax: > www.topamaxepilepsy.com/topamaxepilepsy/ > https://www.ortho-mcneilneurologics.com/ortho-mcneilneurologics/pages/products_topamax-epilepsy.jsp

Tranxene: > www.ovationpharma.com/products.php?prodid=5

Zonegran (zonisamide): > The Changing Faces of Epilepsy - www.changingfacesofepilepsy.com/ .

Pharmaceuticals:

OVATION Pharmaceuticals, Inc. > www.ovationpharma.com/

Pfizer > www.pfizer.com/home/

Shire > www.shire.com/

Bruce78640 responded:
Ketogenic Diet > www.epilepsy.com/epilepsy/treatment_ketogenic_diet > www.webmd.com/epilepsy/ketogenic-diet-for-epilepsy > site.matthewsfriends.org/

Brain Stimulators

VNS (Vagus Nerve Stimulation) Cyberonics > www.cyberonics.com/

Vns Message Board: > s4.invisionfree.com/VNS_Message_Board/index.php?act=idx

NeuroPace ? Responsive Neurostimulator > www.neuropace.com/ www.neuropace.com/trials/overview.html

Plus more? > www.mcg.edu/neurology/clinical/epilepsy/aes2005.pdf > www.mayoclinic.org/news2007-jax/3972.html > www.mayoclinic.org/patientstories/story-242.html > www.mayoclinic.org/news2004-rst/2278.html > www.bcm.edu/findings/vol4/is10/06nov_p.html > epilepsy.suite101.com/article.cfm/epilepsys_new_hope

?and these that I have listed are only a few. There are many more that I?m sure will come up by using the ?All the Internet? search engine, which can be found at www.alltheinternet.com/

Intercept Epilepsy Control System > www.epilepsycontrol.com

Plus more? Medtronic, Inc Seizures and Fainting starting at... > www.medtronic.com/servlet/ContentServer?pagename=Medtronic/Website/ConditionStage&ConditionName=Seizures+and+Fainting&Stage=Diagnosis > professionals.epilepsy.com/page/ar_1101754575.html

Andrews/Reiter Epilepsy Research Program, Inc. > www.andrewsreiter.com/

The Bill of Rights for People Living with Epilepsy > www.epilepsybillofrights.com/index.jsp

Canine Assistants > www.canineassistants.org/

Centers for Disease Control and Prevention - Epilepsy > www.cdc.gov/Epilepsy/

CURE - Citizens United for Research in Epilepsy > www.cureepilepsy.org/home.asp

CURE Videos > www.cureepilepsy.org/who-we-are/videos.html

Epilepsy Channel: > www.docguide.com/news/content.nsf/channel?OpenForm&dt=g&id=80D14600657C44F785256E1400057DE7&c=Epilepsy

Epilepsy News > www.topix.net/health/epilepsy

Epilepsy Wire > www.topix.net/wire/health/epilepsy

Expressions of Courage ? Art by People with Epilepsy: > www.expressionsofcourage.com/

Finding a Cure for Epilepsy and Seizures (FACES) > www.nyuepilepsy.org/cec/programs/faces.html

Henry Spink Foundation > www.henryspink.org/epilepsy.htm

History Of Epilepsy > knowingepilepsy.tripod.com/id9.html

Medical News Today - Epilepsy News > www.medicalnewstoday.com/sections/epilepsy/

MedlinePlus - Epilepsy > www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/epilepsy.html > www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/tutorials/seizuresandepilepsy/htm/_no_50_no_0.htm

MINCEP Epilepsy Care: > www.mincep.com/

National Association of Epilepsy Centers > www.naec-epilepsy.org/ > This is where someone can search to? Find an Epilepsy Center ?by State, just not in all of the States

> www.naec-epilepsy.org/find.htm > Among the variety of additional links on that site, there is the? Guidelines for Epilepsy Centers > ?that explains the third-level and the fourth-level of epilepsy centers, at www.naec-epilepsy.org/spec_care/guidelines.htm

National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke: > www.ninds.nih.gov/

Other Places to Visit > www.geocities.com/hhugs2001/otherplaces.htm

Partnership for Prescription Assistance: > https://www.pparx.org/Intro.php

PDR Health - Physicians? Desktop Reference: > www.pdrhealth.com/home/home.aspx

ScienceDaily ? Epilepsy > sciencedaily.healthology.com/epilepsy/epilepsy-living-with/focusareasub.htm

Stacey Chillemi If you think I have a good collection of weblinks, then you need to see Stacey?s, which starts at? > www.authorsden.com/staceydchillemi

Bruce78640 responded:
Parents Educating Arkansas about Children with Epilepsy (PEACE): > peaceinark.com/

Minnesota Epilepsy Group: > www.mnepilepsy.org/

NYU Medical Center > www.nyuepilepsy.org/cec/

Northeast Regional Epilepsy Group: > www.epilepsygroup.com/

Washington University School of Medicine, Department of Neurology > neuro.wustl.edu/aboutthissite/

BC Epilepsy Society > bcepilepsy.com/

Canadian Epilepsy Alliance > www.epilepsymatters.com/english/index.html

Canadian League Against Epilepsy > www.clae.org/Pub/Pub_Front.asp?

The Center for Epilepsy & Seizure Education in British Columbia > www.epilepsy.cc/

Epilepsy Action in Australia > www.epilepsy.org.au/

Epilepsy Action > www.epilepsy.org.uk/index.html

The Epilepsy Association of Calgary > www.epilepsycalgary.com/index.html

Epilepsy Canada > www.epilepsy.ca/eng/mainSet.html

Epilepsy Ontario > www.epilepsyontario.org/

Epilepsy Toronto > www.epilepsytoronto.org/index.html

Epilepsy Newfoundland and Labrador > www.epilepsynl.com/

Epilepsy Scotland > www.epilepsyscotland.org.uk/

Epilepsy Foundation of Victoria, Australia > www.epinet.org.au/epinet2003/info/

International Bureau for Epilepsy (IBE) > www.ibe-epilepsy.org/

International League Against Epilepsy (ILAE) > www.ilae.org/

National Society for Epilepsy (NSE) > www.epilepsynse.org.uk/

Seizure Prediction in Freiburg, Germany > https://epilepsy.uni-freiburg.de/

Victoria Epilepsy & Parkinson's Centre > www.vepc.bc.ca/

Tammy78660 responded:
Here are some more, don't think they are repeats.

Types of Epilepsies and Their Symptoms

www.clevelandclinic.org/health/health-info/docs/2600/2669.asp?index=9917

Lots of Articles on Neurology, I find this site very informative. More than just ep. Towards bottom of page is 'Seizures and Epilepsy"

www.emedicine.com/neuro/index.shtml

National Society for epilepsy

www.epilepsynse.org.uk/pages/info/leaflets/index.cfm

Articles on Neurological Disorders

www.mind.in/neurology

Tammy

DJSunshine responded:
Hi all,

Unfortunately I have nothing to offer to this list that's not already there. Great job in coming up with this very extensive list.

dancer86442 responded:
Sodium/potassium Levels play an important part in our brains. It mainly affects hereditary &/or intractable seizures. But, could be a cause for szs in others, also. Learn more w/ Yahoo search or any other search engine. This is only 1 of numerous sites w/ this info.

www.neurologychannel.com/seizures/index.shtml

God Bless

Love Candi & family

MamaLisaRocks responded:
This is a grassroots website my husband and I started to keep track of our son's seizures and medications. After we finished it we realized it could be helpful to other too...

www.seizuretracker.com

jvmtaz responded:
Surgery Candidates:

In researching Temporal Lobe Resection, I came across an extremely informative website www.righthealth.com/Health/Ventral_stream/-od-definition_wiki_Ventral__stream-s . This website provides vital information that can assist in being better informed.

It is rather technical in its content. The sub-links help explain items that might be confusing. It gives a comprehensive explanation of how various portions of the brain interact with the Temporal Lobe (right or left). It also indicates how surgery in the Temporal Lobe can impact various senses.

It will help persons to ask informed questions of their doctor(s) and surgeons. It might assist surgery candidates in making decisions and choosing options they might deem appropriate.

Please, do not be intimidated when noting potential ramifications from surgery. While these issues must be considered, each individual has different benefit vs. risk factors to consider.

In my instance, there is the possibility that my risk factors prove too great. Only time will tell.

Being confronted with the daunting decisions ahead, I am much more cognizant and appreciative of the great gift of life given me by my creator, regardless of my condition. My passions of love grow stronger everyday for those I love and the beautiful universe surrounding me. I will surrender myself to him. I will place my total confidence in him and the surgeon team.

I hope all of you will be amongst those dearest to you, on this Easter Sunday.

Sincerely,

Jim

Bruce78640 responded:
Epilepsy Classroom

www.epilepsyclassroom.com/

Helpful Tips

maybe not a seizure
A friend of mine had what he thought was a seizure. They could find nothing but he lost his license also. For one documented seizure. A ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Epilepsy Center