Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Newly diagnosed? Visit the Epilepsy Health Center, check out community tips and review resources.
A warm alternative to cold, hard helmets...
phylisfeinerjohnson posted:
Say good-bye to big, clunky helmets and say hello to a protective hat that's good-looking too.
A friend of mine just introduced me to this innovative new product called the Humpty Hat. (An unfortunate name, I agree. Who wants to be reminded of Humpty Dumpty's fall from the wall?)

Although it ostensibly looks like a simple winter cap — a cross linked polymeric foam insert cushions the skull and brain.

It's designed so that the padding conforms to the various lobes of the brain, a feature known as "anatomic mapping". The frontal, temporal, parietal, and occipital lobes of the brain and the overlying skull in these areas is protected by the specific placement of these foam pads.

Although it was created for winter sports such as skiing, there's not much difference in the damage you can do falling down a slope or falling on the floor. Plus, it's warm and comfy in the winter, light enough to roll up, stick in your pocket and take wherever you go.

It's a neat option to consider. And you've got to admit, options (especially when they're attractive) are GOOD!

For more information about the Humpty Hat, go to: http://www.humptyhat.com/aboutus.html

Phylis Feiner Johnson
www.epilepsytalk.com

Simeon5150 responded:
Hi Phylis.

I hope you are well.

I realise it's been quite a while since you posted this article, however I was hoping you might be able to help me. My 74 year old father has epilepsy and is also on warfarin, so we are very keen to find him a discreet helmet. We saw a YouTube clip on the humpty hat, which looks fantastic! However now searching for it online I cannot seem to find either their website, or anywhere to actually purchase one under the name Humpty Hat? Do you know if the company are still in existence, or if the hat is still available, maybe under a different name?

Any help you could give would be greatly appreciated.

Best Wishes

Simeon Lelah

dancer86442 replied to Simeon5150's response:
Hello Simeon,

I contacted Phylis, but, noted she hasn't replied yet. So, I clicked on the link she has provided in her post. I Noted that under Humpty User Reviews that Amazon.com was the place to find these hats. Did you check Amazon.com? Hugs!

Love Candi

dancer86442 replied to dancer86442's response:
Whoops! I checked Amazon & no product available even under Safety hats.

dancer86442 replied to dancer86442's response:
http://www.plument.com Found this site for you. Hope it helps!

Helpful Tips

DEEPLY DISCOUNTED DRUGS WITHOUT INSURANCE
Believe it or not, you can save BIG bucks at the drugstore around the corner (some prescription, some generic and some of both, depending ... More
Was this Helpful?
25 of 41 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Epilepsy Center