Skip to content

Announcements

Newly diagnosed? Visit the Epilepsy Health Center, check out community tips and review resources.
I joined a stroke support group......Yeahh
Cindigal posted:
I joined a stroke support group and I am so glad that I did. I look forward for every single time I get to meet with the members of such a wonderful group. At my first encounter, I met with several people in the group. I felt at home the minute I arrived till I left. Today we had a car wash at a local car dealership. What a blast it was..!!. There was girl scouts that did the washing of the cars, people from our group LSSN passing out leaflets. There was a radio station there promoting Lincolnland Stroke Support Network. Soo....if you know anyone that suffered a stroke and would like to join a wonderful group, I highly recommend this support group. I can't wait for upcoming events. There will a picnic on July 3rd and I have so many ideas on what to bring as far as food.

http://strokesupportnetwork.com/LSSN_Website/Welcome.html

dancer86442 responded:
Hi Cindigal,

It's been awhile. I'm happy to see you, again. Very Happy :) :) That you have found a great group of ppl. :) And why limit your culinary skills to July 3rd? A very good way for groups to bond is to have each person bring their fav dish. Each week/mth, schedule a day/time when it's convenient for everyone/anyone who wants to/likes to bake, grill, fry or cook. Be sure to have some good music on to go w/ the meals. :)

For those who can't get to Cindi's gala, welll, consider your own. Surround yourself w/ friends or find a Support Group in your area & make New friends. :)

BTW: to add a link use icons above reply box. I like the way you made your letters bold. :) I can do that too. :)

Thank You for sharing. Lots of Hugs & have a fun/safe 3rd & 4th.

Love Candi

P.S. Try to join us occasionally. Miss you, :) HUGS

Cindigal replied to dancer86442's response:
Thanks so much for the reply Candy. I miss posting, i been browsing for groups. Went bowling last night with the group, it was a blast. I tell you, i love to laugh and the guy that picks me up is a hoot. He says the funniest things and he cracks up everyone. I wish more people could join the group is a wonderful experience. As far as food, they are putting a sign-up sheet so that people can list what they are bringing to the picnic. I have not decided. I have many ideas to bring, I am good at several kinds of salads. My favorites are: Fruit salad; Broccoli; Pasta Salad, Taco Salad. Whatever is easier i will make.. I am still figure out to make those smileys you do. One of these days.

dancer86442 replied to Cindigal's response:
Hi Cindi,

Ever try sour cream, instead of whipped w/ your fruit salad? Hubby introduced me to that 'trick' a few yrs ago. YUMMMY! The fruit actually sweetens the sour cream. :)

Smiley face :) Press Caps Lock, Then : Located next to L, then follow w/ (do not use space bar) ) or ( Only 2 I know (Can always remember anyway) :( :)

Another on-line group w/ support/info for Any disorder/disease

http://www.dailystrength.org/

Glad you & your group are having such a great time together. It can only get better. Rite? :)

Lots of Love & Hugs to you & yours & your new 'extended family'. I know I would enjoy the company of 'good ppl' & Great Food & fun. :) HUGS!

Love Candi

Helpful Tips

Want to change font size?
It is easy to make the font bigger press and hold your control key and click on the + key until it's as big as you like, To make ... More
Was this Helpful?
27 of 41 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Epilepsy Center