Skip to content

Announcements

Newly diagnosed? Visit the Epilepsy Health Center, check out community tips and review resources.
Epilepsy Medications and Adderall- Do they mix?
Douglasjw posted:
Hello,

I have had Epilepsy for 13 years now, but haven't had a seizure in two years thanks to wonderful family care and medications. As I am now well into my college career and stressing over grades,getting a job etc. I was hoping to find more information on ADHD medications and how they mix with Epilepsy Medications- Depakote- to be exact. Can anyone help me with this issue? I have been diagnosed with ADHD, however haven't pursued any type of medication for it out of worry about how the two neurological medications will mix.

Sincerely,
Wilson

dancer86442 responded:
Hi Wilson,

Congrats on finding a med/dose that works for you. :) I can understand your concerns. WebMD has a Drug & Supplement Tab, up top. I checked out your Depakote Drug Interactions. It wasn't mentioned, but, warnings on taking certain types of meds w/ it, were. Chek it out & your Adderal, also. But, definitely, as the info states, Chek w/ your Pharmacist! Your Neuro, too.

Weird, can't get rid of the underline. :( Even changing fonts didn't work.

Good Luck. Hope you visit again & share how you are doing. :)

Love Candi

Douglasjw replied to dancer86442's response:
Thanks Candi,

I really appreciate your advice and research. I am still learning how to navigate WedMD- so you tip was helpful.

- Wilson

dancer86442 replied to Douglasjw's response:
Hi Wilson,

Thank You for your reply. :) It won't take long to figure this site out. The site mite be new to you, but, it is easy to navigate. :) They just made new changes to our sites & learning to re-adjust has been interesting for me. :)

Suggestion: If you haven't already, Save the site/Exchange you use, as fav or bookmark, while logged in. :) One clik & there you are.

BTW: Congrats on making it so far w/ your college. That had to have been tough. Good Luck w/ Job Search. That may prove tougher. :( The Epilepsy Foundation has some great articles/advice on your rights to work. :) Site located under Weblinks for Epilepsy on the Rite. Or just use your search engine EpilepsyFoundation.org & epilepsy.com to learn more.

HUGS!

Love Candi

An_200827 responded:
Hi Douglas,
My name is Lance Fuller I was on Depakote years ago.. And it was bad for me I had a live attack.. It went in too shock I was paralized for 3 weeks.. This medication was very bad for me.!! and others my nephew is on it and he is 5 and he just had to be took off of it. His head was hurthing bad and other stuff so please watch out for this medication and if your felling tired that means the med is not workin right not trin to scare you... just tryin to help you.. Please join my Epilepsy and brain asscation group on face book.. Thanks you for your time God Bless Lance Fuller I live In georgia so it will be fister to find me..

lancenfuller13 replied to An_200827's response:
Hi Douglas,
My name is Lance Fuller I was on Depakote years ago.. And it was bad for me I had a live attack.. It went in too shock I was paralized for 3 weeks.. This medication was very bad for me.!! and others my nephew is on it and he is 5 and he just had to be took off of it. His head was hurthing bad and other stuff so please watch out for this medication and if your felling tired that means the med is not workin right not trin to scare you... just tryin to help you.. Please join my Epilepsy and brain asscation group on face book.. Thanks you for your time God Bless Lance Fuller I live In georgia so it will be fister to find me..

Helpful Tips

Journals posted by Meetz
Meetz posted: Hi there. I don't want to sound bossy or presumptuous, but after 44 years of practice with E, I have a bit of experience. I ... More
Was this Helpful?
34 of 44 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Epilepsy Center