Skip to content
Ascending testicle at ejaculation
atamakimono posted:
I am a 28 yr old male, healthy (I hope) and have started noticing something strange during the last two weeks. Immediately prior to and during ejaculation my right testicle has started ascending into my inguinal canal. It is not painful but I heightened physical awareness of the area afterward as well as a mild sensation on the inside of my right thigh. I am able to nudge my testicle back into place without issue but I am very concerned about it. My online research has given me mixed feed back from "possible inguinal hernia or retractile testicle" to "fairly common, don't worry about it". There is no visible lump indicative of a hernia and I haven't had any problems getting an erection. This has made me very uncomfortable about being sexually active with my girlfriend or masturbating and I want to have it corrected ASAP. I have scheduled an appointment with a urologist but the only local one in my insurance network couldn't get me in for almost a month. Does anyone know about this issue or have any speculation as to why this started happening? Thank you very much in advance!
counterso responded:
This is not abnormal, and you probably don't need to worry about it. So long as you can move your testicle back into place without trouble, and overall it's not causing pain, then it is unlikely the urologist will see it as a problem. Anything beyond that is going to be specific to your body and require examination.

Helpful Tips

Erectale dysfunction
To whom it may concern 6 years ago I had a vey bad colon cancer operation. Since, my sperms goes to my bladder. Also, my erections are not ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 7 found this helpful

Expert Blog

The Male Room - Sheldon Marks, MD

Dr. Sheldon Marks shares advice and information on men's health issues, from prostate problems to hair loss, as well as fitness and nutrition...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.