Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Groin Strain?
FlightDirector posted:
Hello. Over the past week, I've felt what I'd describe as a tightness in the left groin, around the tendons that tie the left leg to the pelvis, up deep in the crease of the groin. I essentially ignored it, and now the sensations are a little more pronounced. I would not describe myself as being in pain, or even sore, but perhaps a little over cautious and paranoid (I hope). Because I've ignored it, if I engage in (even mild) physical activity for a couple of hours, I get interesting little twinges and sensations that briefly come and go until I've rested (usually next day). This includes tightness in the "male ductwork" over the scrotum; it feels like maybe my left testicle is being tugged on slightly. I've poked and prodded around and I think (in my lay estimation) I don't have a full inguinal hernia, and I don't feel anything odd on the testicles. The testicles themselves are not sore (except for the poking and prodding I've done), and the scrotum is not enlarged. The squatting / lifting action that is supposed to exacerbate a hernia does not hurt, but I can make the sensation more pronounced by standing on one leg just right and raising the other to the side (like I'm about to do a side kick). I assume this is a mild groin strain or inflamed tendon. I can't point to anything I might've done that would cause this, but I have gone from being a couch potato to being more physically active this year. Does this sound like a mild groin strain? Or should I schedule a doctor's appointment? If there's no reason to see a doctor now, at what point should I schedule a visit? Thank you VERY much for your time.

counterso responded:
A groin pull or even a mild hernia could be present. Better to have the doctor (just a regular doctor is fine) check it out to make sure there's nothing this is warning you about (such as a developing hernia). In the meantime, wear an athletic supporter overtop your regular underwear to see if you get some relief.

MariaOraProNobis responded:
FlightDirector, Did you ever see a doctor about this? I have been experiencing weird things of this sort for months. After six doctor visits he tells me he now thinks it is a groin strain, but I am not certain what would have caused it. The "nteresting little twinges and sensations" you describe, do they feel like something is "working" in the pelvic area? I'd be interested to know how you are progressing. Peace!

Helpful Tips

Erectile Dysfunction Cure FOCUS Tip #1
Your mind controls your sexual programs. Hold your right arm out to the side. Now see if you can do this without first imagining it. Weak ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Expert Blog

The Male Room - Sheldon Marks, MD

Dr. Sheldon Marks shares advice and information on men's health issues, from prostate problems to hair loss, as well as fitness and nutrition...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.