Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Ejaculation with Bowel Movement
seekingguidance posted:
I've never heard of this so I'm somewhat concerned. Occasionally when I have a bowel movement a small amount of what looks like semen comes out of my penis. I don't believe this is any type of STD as I'm married and only have had sex with one partner my whole life (my wife and she has only had sex with me). It doesn't happen all the time just here and there. There is no pain involved either. Could it be possible that when having a bowel movement the pressure is causing some semen to leak from my penis. FYI I'm 28-years old and I'm in fairly good shape.

ccb1313 responded:
This is something you will have to talk to a urologist about. Pressure sounds like a logical idea but you need an exam to pin point the issue. Only thing that comes to mind is somehow the BM is pressing on the prostate making it push out fluid but again I'd say speak to a urologist.

Georgiagail responded:
Based on the number of postings that have been provided here on this subject, this isn't all that unusual. At times, the pressure of pushing during a bowel movement can cause a bit of semen to be released from the penis. This does not represent a medical issue nor an STD. Gail

tftobin responded:
Gail's right, it is common. It is from the bowel movement putting pressure on the prostate gland. It is not something men talk about, but a search in here will show it happens to many people.

counterso responded:
While this is not typically of great concern, it does most often illustrate one of two problems. 1) either you are constipated and your bowel movements are too large, which press on your prostate during excretion and cause some fluid to move 2) your prostate may be enlarged (if this is new for you), and a prostate exam might be suggested at this time This is not a life-threatening situation, just a common symptom of two common issues (not that either should be ignored). At your age though, it is more likely that the first is more closely related to your situation.

Helpful Tips

The real worry with EDExpert
Most men just want to know what can be done to bring back great erections. So often men ask whether they should take a pill , which one or ... More
Was this Helpful?
108 of 148 found this helpful

Expert Blog

The Male Room - Sheldon Marks, MD

Dr. Sheldon Marks shares advice and information on men's health issues, from prostate problems to hair loss, as well as fitness and nutrition...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.