Skip to content
Question about testicles
FreeOperator posted:

I have recently heard of a condition and I can't seem to find any information on it, because the person relaying the story to me did not know the name for it.

They described to me a situation in which a man's testicles can lose their spherical shape and become flat, or deflated. He called it "Ball flats," but there is no way that is the proper term.

He said it had to do with the testicles releasing all of the held semen, causing a vacuum effect that makes the testicles lose their shape. He claimed that it is very painful.

My question is, does anyone know of this issue, and what it's proper name is?
counterso responded:
It's entirely bogus. Your friend is lying or completely misinformed. Semen is not located in the testicles first of all. Second, they are not structured in a way that would change their size or shape from any activity other than as a reaction to an injury where they swell like any other bruised area.

Forget the fairy tale your friend told you. Learn more about your body's function from medical books, not heresay.
Eugenio311 responded:
As counterso wrote, this sounds bogus.

It is possible for a testicle to be ruptured through trauma, tearing its covering and allowing its contents to be extruded into the scrotum. The effect would be a flat testicle. Sometimes the tear can be repaired surgically, and the testicle recovers. Other times the testicle has to be surgically removed.

Chronic alcoholism sometimes affects the testicles by causing them to lose form and turn to mush. I guess that's a post for another day...
FreeOperator responded:

Because I was pretty sure semen wasn't stored in the testicles, I knew sperm was.

It just didn't sound right, but I thought I'd ask.

Helpful Tips

Erectale dysfunction
To whom it may concern 6 years ago I had a vey bad colon cancer operation. Since, my sperms goes to my bladder. Also, my erections are not ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 7 found this helpful

Expert Blog

The Male Room - Sheldon Marks, MD

Dr. Sheldon Marks shares advice and information on men's health issues, from prostate problems to hair loss, as well as fitness and nutrition...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.