Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Itchy Swollen Foreskin
RolloP posted:
I 've had this problem for the last 2 months. It seems to get better after a couple of days but once I masturabate the problem starts all over again. I think it's a yeast infection but why does it act up after stress is made to the foreskin?

RolloP responded:
I also noticed the problem seems to spring up again after I spend time in the hot tub. Do the pool chemicals have an effect on this problem?

counterso responded:
Uh yeah, sounds like a yeast infection. Why wouldn't you treat it? Any infection is going to get inflamed when you irritate the area with physical stimulation, duh. If you have a sex partner, they need to be treated for the infection at the same time. Leaving an infection untreated for a long period of time can lead to scarring.

Gary0329 responded:
Use some over-the-counter yeast creams such as Monistat or Vagisil. Be sure to apply the cream on and under the foreskin. It should work within a week to 10-days. Your partner needs to use it as well.

Eugenio311 responded:
It might be yeast or it might be an allergic reaction. You might try alternating an anti-fungal cream with some hydrocortisone cream every 2 hours. That would cover both possibilities. Your post makes me think "allergy," like maybe poison ivy. I had it on my foreskin once and it was very itchy and very swollen. I think I transferred it from my hands when taking a leak while on a camping trip. I finally had to go get a steroid shot it was so bad. Good luck.

RolloP responded:
How long does this take to heal. It's been 5 days since I started using monistat but the cut is still there.

counterso responded:
You have to read the label to know how long it takes to work. If it's been a week and there's no improvement, you need to see the urologist. Make an appointment now. Cancel it if it gets better before the appointment comes around. You want to address the issue before it forms scar tissue.

Helpful Tips

Chiropractor
Pinched nerves. I also lost some feeling in my dick when I was sitting playing guitar and twisting my hips in my chair to see the music ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

The Male Room - Sheldon Marks, MD

Dr. Sheldon Marks shares advice and information on men's health issues, from prostate problems to hair loss, as well as fitness and nutrition...Read More

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.