Skip to content
clumps in semen
demcc posted:
I am a 47 year old sexually active male. Both my wife and I have noticed more and more during the past 3 months or so that there seems to be small clumps in my semen. To be more specific, the clumps actually look like tapioca. Sorry, i had no other way to describe it. When I ejaculate there is no pain involved.

Is something normal/natural or something to be concerned about Thankyou

counterso responded:
Typically a sign of dehydration. You probably aren't drinking 1/2 gal. water per day (water, not soda, juice, coffee, etc.). So long as they do not increase in size and become painful, it's probably a temporary phenomenon related to your overall health and diet. Not usually something to worry about.
momentum23 responded:
I have the same issue and have for many years. I drink A LOT of water per day. Anyone else have any ideas?
counterso responded:
Then it's probably "normal" for you. And as long as they don't increase in size or become uncomfortable, it's just part of your individual chemistry.
What about when it gets painful. I have had this problem for several years now and the lumps are large enough to hurt on ejaculation and I get a dull ache inside my bladder area.
counterso responded:
Then it is clearly time to see a urologist. That you've let it persist for years when it is painful is remarkable.

Helpful Tips

Erectale dysfunction
To whom it may concern 6 years ago I had a vey bad colon cancer operation. Since, my sperms goes to my bladder. Also, my erections are not ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 7 found this helpful

Expert Blog

The Male Room - Sheldon Marks, MD

Dr. Sheldon Marks shares advice and information on men's health issues, from prostate problems to hair loss, as well as fitness and nutrition...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.