Skip to content
Broken / Ruptured Penis Vessel?
Unknownn1985 posted:
Unfortunatly, one day a few months ago i was rubbing for an extended amount of time. After finishing and looking closely at my penis, i noticed what looks like a vein that goes from the top of my shaft down the shaft just a little and looks purpleish. It does not really hurt alot ever. Over the last few months, i have felt a little pain down there possibly, but hardly anything and nothing with severe pain. I am a virgin by the way so i do not have any STDS. When i am not erect it is pretty visible, but when erect its not so much visible. Where it starts on the lip of the shaft and head, when i stretch the skin a little, it looks like a little purple spot and then extends down the shaft a little. I have been procrastinating going to the doctor hoping this clears up and heals on its own, but its not fully healed. Does this sound like a broken blood vessel if there might have been alot of friction from my thumb ? How serious is this ? Emergency room ? Or if i go to the doctor would he just say " leave it alone for a while - have a nice day" ? Any advice would be appreciated Thanks
Easternavenue responded:
If a vein is ruptured, it should look much like a punched eye looks - a small area splatter with black, purplish and bluish hues. Maybe there was some irritation and swelling there , and your fear magnifies it in your imagination. A lot of similar small things are patched by the body, and yours should too. I don't see the need for medical attention in the absence of any pain, unless you need some peace of mind. Many men have visible veins in the penis due to variations in the skin thickness among men there.
counterso responded:
It's possible that you just have some irritated soft tissue from the extensive rubbing, and that the vein has always been there, but it being exaggerated by the inflammation from the mishandling of your penis. First thing is to start using lubricant when you masturbate. Second is to be gentle with your johnson, because you only get one. If the irritation has not gotten any worse or is not painful, there is no reason yet to see the doctor. It could take a couple months for this kind of irritation to completely go away. It's not a rugged toy, although many people treat their penises this way.

Helpful Tips

my husband has ed
feel ashamed but i do, my husband has ed and i try very hard to get it hard and i get so frustrated that i get upset and and roll over and ... More
Was this Helpful?
22 of 39 found this helpful

Expert Blog

The Male Room - Sheldon Marks, MD

Dr. Sheldon Marks shares advice and information on men's health issues, from prostate problems to hair loss, as well as fitness and nutrition...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.