Skip to content
Men making yourself sterile??
Tiebow posted:
Is is possible to make yourself sterile by taking meds? Almost like the pill for guys. I don't like condoms and my wife has been having side effects from her birth control. Just wondering if there is anything for men to take to make them sterile but do not want any adverse effects like erectile issues. Don't want anything that will affect performance just for lack of a better term "shoot blanks". Can anyone help??
FCL responded:
So why not just go for a vasctomy? Certainly fewer side effects than taking female hormones ...
Tiebow responded:
Vasectomy is not an option at this time since we are unsure if we are done with having kids.
FCL responded:
Is this just a dilemma about contraception? IF so, there are many options. Here is a link to information on the subject:
counterso responded:
The straightforward answer is no. There is no currently approved oral contraceptive for men. Anything else you might take that could change your fertility could have permanent or damaging effects.

Not liking condoms is a cop-out. Illness caused by your wife's medication needs to be taken up with the prescribing doctor.

As for vasectomy, they can be reversed. And sperm storage is also an option, but expensive.

There are 1,000 other things you can do to sexually please your partner other than vaginal penetration if you're that resistant to standard birth control methods. How about some imagination? How about a diaphragm, IUD, or other barrier?

Helpful Tips

The real worry with EDExpert
Most men just want to know what can be done to bring back great erections. So often men ask whether they should take a pill , which one or ... More
Was this Helpful?
109 of 149 found this helpful

Expert Blog

The Male Room - Sheldon Marks, MD

Dr. Sheldon Marks shares advice and information on men's health issues, from prostate problems to hair loss, as well as fitness and nutrition...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.