Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Intermittent Frequent Urination
mtnrunner posted:
I've been having a problem with frequent urination. The weird thing is it kind of comes and goes. At times everything seems normal. But sometimes I have episodes where I am urinating every 15 - 20 minutes. This usually lasts for an hour or two them I am ok again. My urine during these episodes is crystal clear. I have no pain. I can usually sleep most the night but sometimes need to go around 4 or 5am. It is too the point where I try not to drink anything if I won't have access to a rest room. Sometimes drinking something sets it off other times I am fine. A couple years ago I had some blood work done and was tested for diabetes but my glucose levels where at the low end of normal. Should I be tested again? Any ideas? I am healthy otherwise and exercise a lot and watch my diet.

counterso responded:
You should probably check in with a urologist about your frequency issue to make sure it's not prostate related. However, if you are variably stressed, meaning you have times were stress and anxiety are at a high level compared to other times which are much more normal, it may simply be that the stress/anxiety is the source of your frequency issue.

mrdanny responded:
You are not alone. I could not explain the symptoms any better. I quote:

"I've been having a problem with frequent urination. The weird thing is it kind of comes and goes. At times everything seems normal. But sometimes I have episodes where I am urinating every 15 - 20 minutes. This usually lasts for an hour or two them I am ok again. My urine during these episodes is crystal clear. I have no pain. I can usually sleep most the night but sometimes need to go around 4 or 5am."

This is a very annoying problem. The symptoms seems to be cyclic peaking about every 3 or 4 days and then I feel normal. I am a runner and try to run about twice a week. I wonder if exercise with all the lactic acid production and accelerated metabolic processes has something to do with it. I have been to doctors and they say nothing wrong. I had prostate test and diabetic testing no problem

salexab responded:
I have the same exact problem and have been searching for an answer for months now (which no urologist has been able to give me).

Unfortunately I don't have any advice but I hope you figure something out soon, I know how irritating and debilitating it can be!

dd1102 replied to mrdanny's response:
have almost exactly the same situation. did you ever find out what was causing this?

Helpful Tips

Radiation 30 Years Later
Not one of the five physicians who recommended radiation to treat my prostate cancer warned me that decades later it could result in ED. Be ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

The Male Room - Sheldon Marks, MD

Dr. Sheldon Marks shares advice and information on men's health issues, from prostate problems to hair loss, as well as fitness and nutrition...Read More

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.