Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Huband has thick jelly like semen
Sweetashonney88 posted:
Dr. Sheldon Marks, Recently my husband has discovered that his semen has been thicker than usual. After ejaculating, the semen is very thick with little particles of almost silicon like texture, that are slightly darker than the rest of the semen. Also, he says it feels like the semen is having difficulty coming out. It feels like there is pressure when he is releasing, like it is stuck in the tract. He sometimes has to push the rest of it out. We are wondering what could cause this, if it is serious, and if it will jeopardize us having more kids later. Thank you for your time.

counterso responded:
Typically dehydration causes the globules to form. They're not normally worrisome, except that he's complained about difficulty passing them. At that point, it's time to see a urologist. Semen texture can change from week to week or even day to day. But this does not indicate anything about his current or future fertility. Make an appointment with the urologist. Explain the problem, and see if you should take a sample just prior to the visit.

Superior91 responded:
I had the same thing that began almost a year ago. I finally went to see the my Urologist about it, and brought him a photo of what it looked like. Mine was spaghetti like at times. My Urologist said that it had nothing to do with dehydration, and is from Prostatis. In November he placed me on Cipro for one month, and it has since cleared all up. This went on for 11months before I went to the Urologist. Members on this board kept saying it was do to dehydration. I drank and drank tons of water but it never cleared up. I would suggest he go see a Urologist!!!

counterso responded:
Prostatitis has other symptoms which were not described here. And an inflammatory condition or infection is a heat condition, so while your body may not be dehydrated, the urogenital system is under the stress of infection and heat, which is where the connection was missed for your situation.

Helpful Tips

Erectile Dysfunction Cure FOCUS Tip #1
Your mind controls your sexual programs. Hold your right arm out to the side. Now see if you can do this without first imagining it. Weak ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Expert Blog

The Male Room - Sheldon Marks, MD

Dr. Sheldon Marks shares advice and information on men's health issues, from prostate problems to hair loss, as well as fitness and nutrition...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.