Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Orchiopexy and Inguinal Hernia
madime posted:
This isn't a "Men's Health" issue, but is a MALE health issue. My 8 year old had orchiopexy and inguinal hernia repair surgery for a (right-side) retractile testicle in December. Last week, after his shower, he showed my husband that both testes were "gone". Neither could be felt in the sac. After a shower last weekend, neither were in the sac again, but his right one (the side the surgery was on) could be seen as a bump just above the base of his penis. Last night's shower revealed only his right was gone. His follow-up appointment in Feb 1, but I wondered if anyone had any thoughts or input? Is it common to have surgery to fix this problem, only for it to come back a month later, or do we need a new urologist? Thanks so much.

counterso responded:
The treating urologist should be able to answer those questions being familiar with the exact circumstances of your son's situation. Treatments are usually conservative, and follow up is always expected to evaluate results before considering the issue entirely resolved. You're still in the follow-up stage. Is your urologist a pediatric urologist?

Helpful Tips

i need help
im in my 57 and married for 31 years but recently have ed problem , i cant penetrate my penis in her..... as i did it ... More
Was this Helpful?
11 of 17 found this helpful

Expert Blog

The Male Room - Sheldon Marks, MD

Dr. Sheldon Marks shares advice and information on men's health issues, from prostate problems to hair loss, as well as fitness and nutrition...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.