Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
Emptiness after sex
An_200226 posted:
I have nothing wrong with my sex drive but, my orgasms leave alot to be desired. My (sperm) comes out in a very small amount, alot less of what I'm use to. After I feel I haven't finished. My wife says nothing but I know she noticed something's wrong,so I decided to masturbate and this is when I relized that the sperm is at a all time low. I want to know if there's anything I can take such as fruits, veggies, meds to increase my sperm amount and rid myself of this emptiness.

ontbear responded:
If all things are normal, make sure you drink a lot of fluids. This is water not other drinks. If this does't change in a few months, talk to your health provider.

homeailments replied to ontbear's response:
I do and it is mostly water 6-7 bottles a day Thanks

georgiagail responded:
How old are you?

It is not unusual to see a decrease in semen (not sperm; one cannot see sperm except under a microscope) as one gets older. This is very normal.

In addition, the force of the semen at ejaculation tends to lessen. Again, very normal.

Gail

Rman63 responded:
Anon_10359,

I'm 46 and I've noticed the same thing happening to me. I've had a vasectomy procedure done back in 2000 and then I was diagnosed with ED a year later. Don't know if these two have anything to do with the low amonts of ejaculate coming out.

I have noticed that when my wife an I have sex and I shoot inside of her, it feels like I'm shooting quite a bit. However, when I masturbate it just dribbles out in very small amounts.
I have to squeeze most of it out. Then afterwards I feel like I still have some ejaculate running through my penis/urethera trying to work its way out.

Rman

Sheldon Marks, MD responded:
These problems are common and can come from a number of causes. The reduced semen volume happens as men get older. It may also be from being dehydrated, so drink more water and fluids. It could also be from a side effect of many medications. Also the frequency of ejaculation can impact on semen volume. As far as your decreased enjoyment of orgasms, I would suggest you get a complete medical evaluation with blood tests to look for liver or thyroid imbalance, testosterone and prolactin levels to look for hormone irregularities, and look at any medications you take or lifestyle factors, such as smoking or alcohol. Orgasms are a brain thing but many things can impact on the quality, to include stress, fatigue, anxiety, worry, pain....and more.

Sheldon Marks, MD replied to Rman63's response:
A vasectomy stops the flow of sperm into the semen. no more. Sperm account for about 5 to 10% of the semen volume, most of which comes from the prostate and seminal vesicles. Look at the other response for some other ideas that may help you.

Helpful Tips

my husband has ed
feel ashamed but i do, my husband has ed and i try very hard to get it hard and i get so frustrated that i get upset and and roll over and ... More
Was this Helpful?
22 of 39 found this helpful

Expert Blog

The Male Room - Sheldon Marks, MD

Dr. Sheldon Marks shares advice and information on men's health issues, from prostate problems to hair loss, as well as fitness and nutrition...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.