Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
ED association with Fertlity
An_200249 posted:
I'm afraid my Husband 30 years old may have ED. Does anyone know if a person with ED can get a woman pregnant? We have been trying for a while and we track my ovulation days as well. Thanks

georgiagail responded:
Erectile dysfunction and fertility are two different issues. As long as a man with ED can maintain an erection to be able to enter the vagina and ejaculate pregnancy is certainly possible.

Typically if a couple has tried for conception for at least a year without success the recommendation is fertility testing for the both of them.

Gail

An_200250 replied to georgiagail's response:
Thanks for your help! I've been tested and his appt is next week. Still hopeful!

ClovisLutz responded:
Infertility occurs mainly due to the insufficient amount of the sperms in the body. The production of the sperms is dependent on the amount of the hormone, testosterone present in the body. It is the diet that you eat influences the hormone levels in the body.

Sheldon Marks, MD replied to ClovisLutz's response:
Fertility is a reflection of sperm production (quality, quantity) and sperm delivery- a problem with any one of these can mess with the inability to father a child. ED can make it hard to deliver the sperm to where they need to be. Two thoughts on this- one, this is easy to treat with so many medical and nonmedical therapies, and two, why does he have ED? that worries me and if he were my patient, what could be going on that is causing the ED? Sometimes, it is from a potentially serious metabolic or hormonal imbalance or even a serious blood vessel injury. He needs to see his primary care doctor for a full work-up.

wunderful responded:
Anon, did u 4 get that a male can get a woman pregnant even with out inserting his penis in your vagina? The answer is a big Y E S! ALL your hubby has 2 do is lay his penis between your "muffin"(Buttocks) and eventually your hubby WILL CLIMAX.The sperm knows exactly which hole to enter.Try it,U an your hubby may like it.

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to wunderful's response:
Hi Wunderful,

Her husband may enjoy the experience but the sperm needs to be delivered into the vagina; it doesn't find its way there on its own. (And yes, it's remotely possible that if it drips down in that direction from elsewhere there's a chance of pregnancy.) :-)

Helpful Tips

Erectile Dysfunction Cure FOCUS Tip #1
Your mind controls your sexual programs. Hold your right arm out to the side. Now see if you can do this without first imagining it. Weak ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Expert Blog

The Male Room - Sheldon Marks, MD

Dr. Sheldon Marks shares advice and information on men's health issues, from prostate problems to hair loss, as well as fitness and nutrition...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.