Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
blood in semen and cum
An_200256 posted:
I am a 19 year college student, who is fairly sexually active. I masturbate most days which I don't have sex. Last week Wednesday when I was hooking up with a girl we wanted to have sex, but there was no condom available at all. We decided to try something different, and I basically dry humped her with my dick from behind (I did not insert it, no intercourse) I was pounding her pretty hard. After I ejaculated I urinated like ten minutes and realized that I was passing virtually pure blood. I drank some water urinated again and my urine was back to normal. I masturbated twice on Thursday and once on friday and there was not blood in my cum or urine. On Saturday I masturbated again and I must admit that I did do it a bit rough, because that gets me off the best and makes me shoot far and my cum was spotted with blood, I urinated after and I let out pure blood and a blood clot. Has anyone ever had any similar experience or could further advise me what to do? I masturbated today and I was being extremely gentle and there was no blood in my cum or when I urinated after. This is really frustrating me, as I am extremely hypersexual and now I am afraid to even touch my penis....

please offer me some advice as to what might be happening..and yes I did make a doctor's appointment for later on in the week

Sheldon Marks, MD responded:
Blood in the semen (hematospermia) is not usually a problem or worry, though it scares men tremendously. You may have injured your urethra with your sexual escapades. Keep an eye on things such as your urinary stream and flow. Any changes may suggest a scar or stricture, and you would need to see a urologist. Blood in the urine is a different animal (hematuria) and this does need to be evaluated by a urologist. You should talk to your doctor.

Helpful Tips

Radiation 30 Years Later
Not one of the five physicians who recommended radiation to treat my prostate cancer warned me that decades later it could result in ED. Be ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

The Male Room - Sheldon Marks, MD

Dr. Sheldon Marks shares advice and information on men's health issues, from prostate problems to hair loss, as well as fitness and nutrition...Read More

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.