Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
ED problems and being on nitrates
An_200302 posted:
My partner had a heart attack just over 3 years ago due to angina. He had angioplasty and a stint put in. He is on heart medication and since we have met, would like to have a meaningful sex life. I love him very much and our intimacy is wonderful even without it, but it does bother him. Since he can't take anything like Viagra, Cialis or Levitra, what else can work for him? Does anyone know about a website that starts with apple about this or other methods to try? Thanks.
georgiagail responded:
This article describes some of the non-drug treatments available for erectile dysfunction:

It discusses ED associated with kidney disease but the information is useful even if kidney function is fine.

I'm wondering why, with just an angioplasty and stent your partner cannot engage in sexual intercourse. Many men with CAD have very active sex lives without the need for ED products.

oliver523 responded:
I'm assumeing that because of the angina your partner is using or may need to use Nitro. If Nitro is being use He can not use Viagra or other pills because it may down his blood pressure to low. Other options are a VED (vaccum erection device), shots and lastly a penile implant. You can Google any good ED site and it will have a section about treatments. Oliver
Sheldon Marks, MD replied to oliver523's response:
I agree 100%. There are many great and effective options other than the oral ED meds. You should both go to his urologist appointment to talk about options.

Helpful Tips

The real worry with EDExpert
Most men just want to know what can be done to bring back great erections. So often men ask whether they should take a pill , which one or ... More
Was this Helpful?
112 of 152 found this helpful

Expert Blog

The Male Room - Sheldon Marks, MD

Dr. Sheldon Marks shares advice and information on men's health issues, from prostate problems to hair loss, as well as fitness and nutrition...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.