Includes Expert Content
I don't understand
Chancealot posted:
His penis gets larger it just doesn't get hard enough for intercourse. And when it gets hard, it doesn't last. Hard to call it an erection at all.
FirstPrevious12NextLast

christinedwrds responded:
does it happen often? How old are you? can you tell me a little bit more about yourself so we can diagnose and give you an online prescription ?

ontbear replied to Chancealot's response:
Hi He need to see a doctor and get a general physical and a good exam of his penis/urine/prostate/testical system.

Sheldon Marks, MD responded:
Problems with erections are oftentimes an early manifestation of more serious medical problems such as coronary artery disease, diabetes, vascular disease, thyroid problems, etc. They can also come from exhaustion, fatigue, stress ,anxiety, fear or pain. If a problem he should see his primary care doctor for a full evaluation.

Chancealot replied to Sheldon Marks, MD's response:
Well, we know now it is NOT a medical problem. But how do we go about dealing with what seems to be a psychological/stress problem? We have taken time restrictions out and we do not make his orgasm the focus of our lovemaking, yet still he has trouble getting erect long enough for intercourse. Should we just take intercourse off the table for a while?

babykiss10 responded:
what could be the problems

babykiss10 replied to christinedwrds's response:
yes 64years

stress sometimes work hard

which doc u recommend

babykiss10 replied to ontbear's response:
which doc

mrtim2500 replied to babykiss10's response:
Find a good urologist in your area. I was having bouts of prostatitus, which prevented me from keeping/maintaing an erection. A round of antibiotics took cate of it, for a while. Wound up having another bout about a year later, did another round of antibiotics...stronger ones this time. Haven't had some much as a symptom since and its been about a year and half or more since the last time. But, ever vigilant, gotta keep up with the screenings,etc. Could be any thing, would find a good urologist or even your family doctor.

firstlook replied to Sheldon Marks, MD's response:
I am a diebetic, and coronary disease now what?

Sheldon Marks, MD replied to Chancealot's response:
There are so many problems that we do not test for and even if the test is normal, it could still be a problem. Plus, as men get older there is blood vessel aging and so less blood gets into the penis and so problems with erections are common.