Skip to content
Husband is not as hard or as big anymore.
Juliel12 posted:
I have been married for 29 years. I enjoy my sex life with my husband, but during sex he gets an erection, but it is not very hard and I dont no what to do.I have been avoiding sex, because I have not been satisfied for a few weeks no. I dont want to hurt him. I love him deeply. I just want to enjoy our sex life again. Taking ed meds does it help with hardness? Thank you

danilynn14081 responded:
I hear you. My story is the same. His penis bends and doesnt stay in. I just dont enjoy sex anymore. He did get better for awhile, when we were doing more exercising and I had him eating better. He refuses to see a doctor and get on meds. This really hurts me that our sex life isnt important enough to him to get help.

Chef123 responded:
Julie, I am on high blood pressure meds and it caused me some concern with erections. It was work to maintain an erection and the firmness wasnt like before. I used meds for it, but it gave me terrible headaches. I started taking this amino acid, L-citrulline. It is magic, my wife comments frequently at how fast I get erect and how hard I stay during intercourse. Even after ejaculation, I stay firm, and, no headaches or any side effects. You should be able to find it at health food stores.

Juliel12 replied to Chef123's response:
Thank you so very very much. I am off to the health food store. I am willing to try anything to get our sex life back on track.

Bugermaster replied to Chef123's response:
Thanks for the info. How much do you take and how often?

oliver523 responded:
There could be some other problems causing this. In my case it was HBP and the meds I took for it. I took "the pill" for several year and they worked off and on mostly off and I ended up having by pass surgery. The best thing to do is get a phyical and tell the DR. everything.. Oliver

Chef123 replied to Bugermaster's response:
Burgermaster, the day I know I will have sex, I would take 3/4 teaspoon mixed with juice mid-afternoon, and again about 30 mins before sex. You can take it with water, but it smells and tastes like ejaculate, which is not pleasant. I would gag, so it works great with a juice instead.

Chef123 replied to Juliel12's response:
Julie, you will be amazed at the difference. The dosage was in a comment earlier....3/4 teaspoon mixed in lemonade or orange juice....the taste of the powder is gross for me....take it that afternoon, and then again that night about 30 mins before sex. It works for me, and have a super happy wife again.

Chef123 replied to Chef123's response:
Julie, did the L-cittruline work for you two??

Helpful Tips

my husband has ed
feel ashamed but i do, my husband has ed and i try very hard to get it hard and i get so frustrated that i get upset and and roll over and ... More
Was this Helpful?
22 of 39 found this helpful

Expert Blog

The Male Room - Sheldon Marks, MD

Dr. Sheldon Marks shares advice and information on men's health issues, from prostate problems to hair loss, as well as fitness and nutrition...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.