Skip to content
3 piece penile implant surgery?
An_200438 posted:
I am trying to decide whether to have the 3 piece penile implant operation. I have to decide this week if I'm going to have the operation next month. I have a lot of questions and concerns. Some of my questions are; can you still feel any sensation during intercourse? Do you lose sensation in your penis during sex? Would you have the operation over again. What are the pro's and con's after surgery? Have you had any problems after the surgery? Please let me know if you have had the operation and how have you been doing since. I am 46 years old, married with 2 children 20 and 15. Please share with me anything you think I should know before I make my decision. Thank you very much for any help help you can offer. I look forward to hearing from you. Thank you!!!

doj1947 responded:
I had the 3 piece implant in May, 2007, and have been very pleased with the results. Yes, you will have the same sensations/feelings as you always did. I had a Radical Prostatectomy in March 2005 and was never able to achieve natural erections, and this was my only other option. Other than not being as large as before the surgeries, everything is completely natural. Your anatomy will look the same upon causal observation. Your spouse will be able to notice the pump and tubing only by feeling...intercourse is completely natural. I'd do it again a thousand times over, and if this is your last recourse, i.e., injections don't work, VED doesn't work for you, then I highly recommend it.

diabetesfighter responded:
I never did get to the step of surgery. Have you ever tried a Vacuum Therapy Device?

doj1947 replied to diabetesfighter's response:
Yes, I did purchase a Vacuum device, but only had once successful intercourse with it. Subsequent attempts wouldn't work, as the ring just couldn't keep the blood in the penis. I even tried using two rings, but that wouldn't work, and it was very uncomfortable. Is your ED related to prostate cancer or Diabetes?

diabetesfighter replied to doj1947's response:
Mine is related to my Diabetes. What pump did you use? Some companies don't make tension rings that are acceptable enough to hold the blood in the penis. I use a Pos-T-Vac device. They claim to be 95% effective, have 3 ring sizes, and have a money back guarantee. That is a few of the reasons why I bought my device from them.

dlkb82 replied to diabetesfighter's response:
No, I have never tried a pump. I also have plaque in my penis which causes it to be bent downward. The operation would correct both my ED and my bent penis.

dlkb82 replied to diabetesfighter's response:
diabetisfighter, I haven't tried a pump. Along with my erectile dysfunction I also have plaque in my penis which causes my penis to be bent downward during erections. The durgery should help correct both of my problems.

doj1947 replied to diabetesfighter's response:
I had the Encore brand. It was quite good, rather expensive ($400.00) and the tension rings were tight...it just couldn't seem to contain the blood.

diabetesfighter replied to dlkb82's response:
You should consult your doctor and see if a Vacuum Therapy System would be OK for your condition? Once you have the implant it is permanent. There are a large percentage of people who are not happy with their results post-surgery. Let us know what your doctor says. I wish you luck!

oliver523 responded:
Yes I have one. i'm (We) are happy and unhappy with it. It gets hard but I lost lenght that I didn't have to loose. Would I do it again? Yes I am going to. The dope that put it in got a twist in the tubing. Make sure you get a Uro that does 100 or so implants a year. You can get infromation, ask and get answers about implants at yahoo groups penile implants. To get there send a blank email to penileimplant-subscribe@yahoogroups.com To activte your subscription reply to the confirmation message. If you have a problem you can email me at w25b265@yahoo.com

dlkb82 replied to doj1947's response:
I have decided to have the operation. My surgery is scheduled for Dec. 28,2010. Along with ED I also have plaque in my penis which causes it to bend downward during erections. This operation should help both of my problems. I am concerned about loss of feeling after surgery when I have sex. Do you still have the same desire to have sex after your operation? I am also concerned about losing penis size after surgery. Does everyone's penis lose size or do some stay the same or get a little bit larger? I would appreciate your additional comments about your operation and how your feeling now.

Ihatethisguy responded:
plz em me with replies so I can discuss this. I'm in your same boat, but want to talk to someone who has gone through this so I know if I should do this or not. EM= usafan007@gmail.com

Helpful Tips

my husband has ed
feel ashamed but i do, my husband has ed and i try very hard to get it hard and i get so frustrated that i get upset and and roll over and ... More
Was this Helpful?
22 of 39 found this helpful

Expert Blog

The Male Room - Sheldon Marks, MD

Dr. Sheldon Marks shares advice and information on men's health issues, from prostate problems to hair loss, as well as fitness and nutrition...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.