Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
ED/Pre-existing conditions linked?
An_200445 posted:
I'm just going to cut straight to the facts here:
20 years old. Developed a problem getting and maintaining a solid erection about a year ago. Problem still persists today. Problem suddenly appeared one day. I can get s slight erection, but its not nearly as full as it used to be and it doesn't last very long (lost nearly an inch off my full erect length). Several years ago I was diagnosed with anemia, then just a month or so before the ED problem began, I was diagnosed with GERD (acid reflux). Does ANYONE know if these problems could all be tied to my ED? I've searched on the internet and have been able to establish a SLIGHT connection, but nothing solid.

diabetesfighter responded:
Hello,

Sorry to hear you have ED at such a young age. Almost always there is an underlying cause that is causing you ED. Only your doctor can be the one to diagnose what is causing you to have impotence. Have you seen your doctor recently about this issue?

oliver523 responded:
Being so young it could be mental. I do not mean your nuts. But want can happen if you don't get an erection you start to worry that it will happen again. The more you worry the better chance there is that you won't get an erection. If you have morning erections the problem could be mental if not it could be physcal. A GOOD Uro will be able to tell. Don't be ashamed to ask him or her., They hear it all the time. By the way I had a female Uro for a while and she was easer to talk to than a male one. A lot of youg guys run into this problem. And yes there are many med that can cause this. Look up the meds and what are the side effects.

Helpful Tips

The real worry with EDExpert
Most men just want to know what can be done to bring back great erections. So often men ask whether they should take a pill , which one or ... More
Was this Helpful?
108 of 148 found this helpful

Expert Blog

The Male Room - Sheldon Marks, MD

Dr. Sheldon Marks shares advice and information on men's health issues, from prostate problems to hair loss, as well as fitness and nutrition...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.