Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
An Inny Penis
azedalis posted:
Besides having ED, my penis has shrunk and I gained so much weight that my penis is inside now, Its inside now and I must always sit to go the pathroom just like a woman. This makes sex and going pee a big problem. IS there anything other then surgery to atleast let me be semi erect to pee like other men? I was never big down there but this is so embarassing. Especially when I can't even touch myself.I do have type 2 DIABETES
georgiagail responded:
Men tend to gain weight in their abdominal area and if enough weight is gained, the panus (i.e., the abdominal fat pad) can cover the penis, making it appear that the penis has shrunk (it hasn't).

Besides the potential for embarrassment there is also the issue of a greater risk of fungal infections in this area, sometimes difficult to cure in a diabetic.

This issue can be reversed by losing the weight. The good news for men is that they tend to lose weight rather quickly in the abdominal area (while women tend to lose weight all over, sometimes making them less than pleased if, for example, breast size diminishes). Drop 10 or 20 pounds and this should help considerably with your issue.

Sheldon Marks, MD responded:
Goergiagail is right- as men gain weight, because the penis is fixed to the pubic bone, it gets buried deeper and deeper. Surgery to fix this is not easy and has potential for lots of problems. Go talk to your doctor about weight loss regimens. There are doctors that specialize in weight loss- bariatric specialists, as well as surgeons that do stomach stapling and balloon surgeries which are amazingly effective at bringing about significant weight loss.

Helpful Tips

The real worry with EDExpert
Most men just want to know what can be done to bring back great erections. So often men ask whether they should take a pill , which one or ... More
Was this Helpful?
108 of 148 found this helpful

Expert Blog

The Male Room - Sheldon Marks, MD

Dr. Sheldon Marks shares advice and information on men's health issues, from prostate problems to hair loss, as well as fitness and nutrition...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.