Skip to content
ED and snuff
jboy2010 posted:
I am a 45 being treated for ED (10) years and I was wondering if there is a correlation between ED and snuff or chewing tobacco? I have beend dipping for 20 years (yes I know I should quit) and the ED seems to have been getting worse over the past few years even with medication. and if so will quitting result in somewhat better results even though not a total "cure".

diabetesfighter responded:
Hello,

As we would all like to know exactly what is going on in our body's and what is causing what... we cannot do this on our own. Your doctor would be able to tell you if this is in any relation. However, Tobacco has been linked with Erectile Dysfunction, and as you can tell it has gotten worse over the course of a few years now. However, Erectile Dysfunction, can be cause by many different factors so it would be best to speak with your doctor.

jboy2010 replied to diabetesfighter's response:
Thanks but just to be clear I was looking for an opinion not a diagnosis. All I was wondering was there a correlation between snuf and ED. Really most of the stuff you read references smoking and ED; so should we assume that what is meant "is all tobacco consumption"?

Helpful Tips

The real worry with EDExpert
Most men just want to know what can be done to bring back great erections. So often men ask whether they should take a pill , which one or ... More
Was this Helpful?
109 of 149 found this helpful

Expert Blog

The Male Room - Sheldon Marks, MD

Dr. Sheldon Marks shares advice and information on men's health issues, from prostate problems to hair loss, as well as fitness and nutrition...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.