Skip to content
Ring of swelling below the head of the penis
An_200480 posted:
Im 16 years old and im sexually active/masturbate.
All of a sudde one day there appears to be a ring of swelling, I am not circumsised. Its about half a centimeter down from the head (Glands?).
Wondering if it will go away, because I dont want to see the doctor becuause I was diagnosed with a varicocele in my left testicle area, but other than that I have no health issues at all.
Eugenio311 responded:
What you describe is edema, which uncircumcised guys get when the foreskin is tight and has been retracted for a long period of time. Yes, it will go away. You might help it resolve faster if you sit in a tub of hot water (don't burn yourself) for a while. Remember to pull that foreskin forward over the head (glans) after you masturbate, if it doesn't go forward by itself. That edema (swelling) can get really bad if a guy has a tight foreskin and doesn't put it back in forward position, and it can become a medical emergency.

Helpful Tips

my husband has ed
feel ashamed but i do, my husband has ed and i try very hard to get it hard and i get so frustrated that i get upset and and roll over and ... More
Was this Helpful?
22 of 39 found this helpful

Expert Blog

The Male Room - Sheldon Marks, MD

Dr. Sheldon Marks shares advice and information on men's health issues, from prostate problems to hair loss, as well as fitness and nutrition...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.