Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Low Tetosterone level
Tkutty posted:
I am a 40 yr old man,5'8" tall with 220 lbs weight.Having blood pressure medication for the past 3 yrs.Past one year, i am having low sex drive,found that testo. level is very low..since then i am using androderm patches every day.but it is not giving much result as the level is still low.maximum it goes up upto 500,400,300 etc( required 200-800)every month having blood work done as per doctor.Last month he told me to use TWO 5 mg patches every day.But the result is still same with no improvement in my drive...i am very depressed due to this...Kindly give me some solutions from whoever knows well abou this

Thanks

Eugenio311 responded:
A couple of thoughts about your post: The effect of the daily patch might take a little longer than a month to be noticed; maybe 2 months. Also, at the height and weight you mentioned, you're probably about 40 or 50 pounds overweight. That alone might account for the low sex drive and the low testosterone, to some extent. Overweight also contributes to depression, as well as to high blood pressure. Some of the blood pressure medicines contribute to low sex drive and ED as well. You might need to focus on the weight issue and some of your symptoms will begin to correct themselves.

Helpful Tips

my husband has ed
feel ashamed but i do, my husband has ed and i try very hard to get it hard and i get so frustrated that i get upset and and roll over and ... More
Was this Helpful?
22 of 39 found this helpful

Expert Blog

The Male Room - Sheldon Marks, MD

Dr. Sheldon Marks shares advice and information on men's health issues, from prostate problems to hair loss, as well as fitness and nutrition...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.