Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
testicular implant
An_200527 posted:
I have been interested in getting a testicular implant for a while now. I am 36. I was born with an undescended testicle or whatever you may call it. I never really asked anyone because it has been an embarrassing subject for me to discuss. I got undecended one (left) surgically removed 15 years back.

What is the approximate cost and what are the risks and rewards.

Any input or help is much appreciated. I also read the many disadvantages of having this done for cosmetic purposes and it is still something I wish to pursue

1957hank responded:
I had a similar situation ( chrypotochordism) but due to numerous botched surgeries as a child, it left me in nearly constant testicular pain. I had both removed. My urologist was very understanding about my wish to have implants but told me I had so much scarring from prior surgeries it wouldnt be a good idea. I dont know if you are married or involved with a woman but I think if you are single and are concerned about the way you look, go ahead and hvae implants. I know if I were dating I probably would have them. I know there is a deep psychological concern with missing testicles, I have had much counseling about it. If it helps you feel better about yourself and it can be done, do it. Just my opinion. Take care and good luck

Helpful Tips

The real worry with EDExpert
Most men just want to know what can be done to bring back great erections. So often men ask whether they should take a pill , which one or ... More
Was this Helpful?
108 of 148 found this helpful

Expert Blog

The Male Room - Sheldon Marks, MD

Dr. Sheldon Marks shares advice and information on men's health issues, from prostate problems to hair loss, as well as fitness and nutrition...Read More

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.