Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Erectile Dysfunction/Lack of Interest/Quit Smoking
An_200541 posted:
I quit smoking a little over a week ago and I have had nothing but problems in the bedroom. My erectile dysfunction has worsened even when I take Cialis, which worked before, but does not now for some reason. My worst fear is my lack of interest not only mentally, but I cannot get aroused, so I cannot pursue it. What should I do? Is this something normal after quitting smoking? Should I see a doctor? I need help!
jcalifornia2002 responded: is very good that you quit smoking as smoking amongst other things cuts down on the blood circulation and that is what you need to maintain an erection. So congrats on quiting smoking.
My best advise is to consult with your doctor. I know it can be embarassing at times but it is a must so you can get the correct advise.....then follow your doctor's advise! There are many things that can cause ED and he will let you know what your particular issues are and how to go about remedying them. So good luck and stick to what your doctor advises you.
Take Care
danno61 replied to jcalifornia2002's response:
Thanks Johnny! I quit not only for my family, but for myself because as of one month, I will be celebrating my 50th birthday and I thought that was a good present to me. I will check with my doctor...again, thanks!
Eugenio311 replied to danno61's response:
As you're going through nicotine withdrawal, it's not too surprising that your sex drive is low. Be patient with yourself and by all means, talk to your doc. You are very wise to stop smoking. good luck...

Helpful Tips

Pinched nerves. I also lost some feeling in my dick when I was sitting playing guitar and twisting my hips in my chair to see the music ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

The Male Room - Sheldon Marks, MD

Dr. Sheldon Marks shares advice and information on men's health issues, from prostate problems to hair loss, as well as fitness and nutrition...Read More

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.