Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Burned Penis, Cannot Get Erection Anymore
An_200542 posted:
Two days ago I lost most of the feeling in my penis. The worst part is that the wound was self-inflicted (accidentally) and it may not heal.

Here's my horrible, horrible story.

I contracted genital warts from one of my ex-girlfriends. She didn't know that she had it, as many people with genital warts apparently don't show symptoms. I have been incredibly ashamed of these warts for a long time, and have been looking into ways of removing them.

Being without insurance (Or much money at all, really. I barely get by with what I make waiting tables) I decided to take matters into my own hands. I tried tea tree oil and cider vinegar, while they made some progress they didn't fully remove the warts, especially one large, ugly one around the base of my penis.

At this point I was desperate to get rid of them, as I just started dating someone and I'd rather not have giant warts on my penis, even if I am going to tell her I carry the virus (But there may be no need to now, since I might never actually be able to have sex with her).

I tried using Wartner brand wart removal system on the largest, most stubborn warts. Yes, I read the instructions that said not to use it on genital warts, but I'd read online that someone was successful with freezing off genital warts. This was probably the worst decision of my life.

I ended up pressing much too hard on the foam applicator and burning the skin around the wart. The areas have since turned black (Possibly bloodclots? Gangrene? I'm almost afraid to know), and I haven't been able to get an erection since, despite vigorously trying.

I am an otherwise healthy 21-year old, and I may have just permanently destroyed my sex life. I will definitely look into seeing a doctor about this now, no matter the cost, but before I do, I thought I'd bear with a little shame and post my story to see if there's any hope I'll have an erection again.

Please, please, please tell me the damage isn't permanent!

georgiagail responded:
It is unlikely that this damage is permanent; however, you do need to get this looked into to avoid an infection which would worsen the issue of tissue damage in this delicate area.

Once healed things will likely return to normal.

Gail

Eugenio311 replied to georgiagail's response:
ditto what Gail said...

Helpful Tips

Chiropractor
Pinched nerves. I also lost some feeling in my dick when I was sitting playing guitar and twisting my hips in my chair to see the music ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

The Male Room - Sheldon Marks, MD

Dr. Sheldon Marks shares advice and information on men's health issues, from prostate problems to hair loss, as well as fitness and nutrition...Read More

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.