Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
I'm freakin out
Wiggedout posted:
I think I may have ed.I'm not sure if its psychological or physical.I get wood but its not sustainable.I'm a 35 year old male,I work out regularly eat right.I'd like to see a doctor but I don't have insurance an I'm currently unemployed.Is this something I can have seen at an emergency room? I've read everything I can find on the subject,an I'm 75% sure its psychological but I would like to be 100% sure its not a physical issue.I just started a new relationship an this is just now becoming an issue.Its really freaking me out.I need some solid advice please.
Eugenio311 responded:
I'm more than 75% sure your problem is psychological. Getting wood but being unable to maintain it is most often psychological/stress/fatigue, etc., whereas the inability to achieve "wood" is more likely physical. I'd say No, it's not an emergency room type of problem.

Remember ED is usually a symptom of some other problem, not THE problem. Even though you eat right and work out, possibly the fact that you're unemployed and uninsured are stressful in themselves. Try to find a free clinic or teaching hospital where you can get a checkup, maybe including some labwork.

Helpful Tips

Pinched nerves. I also lost some feeling in my dick when I was sitting playing guitar and twisting my hips in my chair to see the music ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

The Male Room - Sheldon Marks, MD

Dr. Sheldon Marks shares advice and information on men's health issues, from prostate problems to hair loss, as well as fitness and nutrition...Read More

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.