Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
DHEA for or against
nohard posted:
Has anybody used DHEA and what was the result, I'm going to start when it arrives here in Greece for an ED problem and low libido, this and some other things like fatigue, lack of concentration, muscle bulk loss, and went through some very bad sweaty nights, it was like having a very bad fever, but didn't have anything wrong with me, it was after this going on for 3 weeks that the ED and low libido kicked in.
So what has been your experience with DHEA for or against?

Eugenio311 responded:
I've been taking DHEA (25mg) daily for almost 3 months after looking for something to boost energy and libido (no ED symptoms). So far I can only say that I have a slight increase in energy for doing my gym workouts, and more frequent morning erections so I think it may be boosting testosterone a little. I have had some weight gain while taking it (2 or 3 kilos), which I think is mostly muscle from more frequent intense workouts.
I haven't noticed any adverse effects thus far. I don't have prostate problems but I understand that would be a contraindication to taking DHEA.
My testosterone level was normal when checked shortly before I started taking DHEA, but I decided to give it a try just to see what would happen.

I cannot say yet if I'm "for" or "against" but at this point am leaning "for." I plan to continue for at least another 3 months.

By the way, I'm 58 years old.

nohard replied to Eugenio311's response:
Thanks for your help, its so nice to here from somebody all ready taken it, I'm just waiting for mine to arrive here in Greece, out here its a prescibed drug, but at least your near my age group I'm 63.

Helpful Tips

BeSt NaTuRaL SkIn CaRE
She's been transformed into energy and you're using the power to transform that way into beautiful bright white light so you're sitting ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

The Male Room - Sheldon Marks, MD

Dr. Sheldon Marks shares advice and information on men's health issues, from prostate problems to hair loss, as well as fitness and nutrition...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.