Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
ED Problem...Hernia??
An_200634 posted:
I have recently developed an issue with getting and maintaining an erection. I feel like I am in average shape. I am 39 and weigh in at 182. I know that I am a little overweight, but this has been my average weight for years. Recently, in the past week, I have had a real problem with getting and maintaining an erection even though I am extremely turned on. The other issues I have noticed with this, is after attempting to have intercourse, I start to develop a pain in my left testicle, and the pain continues up the left side of my groin. the pain is not great, more of a discomfort than anything. When i have been able to get an erection climax has been very difficult.
Could this be a possible hernia? or something else?

NOHARD responded:
Sounds to me like you have strained yourself, been doing some heavy lifting or something out of the ordinary? any strang sex positions, did have something like this a few years ago, a couple of times, just refrain from sex for awhile or let your G/F or wife do the work in bed.
OK erections, for I just got over ED by going on DHEA, but please read about this hormon befroe you go on it, there is a good page on this web site about DHEA, what it is, what it can do, dosage, and side effects and reviews.
Good luck.

Sheldon Marks, MD responded:
Groin an testicle pain could be a hernia- you need to see a doctor for an exam to find out, as if this is indeed a hernia it should get fixed. The pain could also be from inflammation of your epididymis, called epididymitis, which hurts like hell, comes and goes and gets better slowly with time, elevation and anti-inflammation medications. A doctor exam is important to be sure nothing serious and or correctable is going on.

Helpful Tips

The real worry with EDExpert
Most men just want to know what can be done to bring back great erections. So often men ask whether they should take a pill , which one or ... More
Was this Helpful?
109 of 149 found this helpful

Expert Blog

The Male Room - Sheldon Marks, MD

Dr. Sheldon Marks shares advice and information on men's health issues, from prostate problems to hair loss, as well as fitness and nutrition...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.