Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
penile implants
An_239546 posted:
My partner has had his prostrate removed and is considering having a penile implant. I would like to know how satisfying both physically and emotionally it is for the men that have them?

georgiagail responded:
Prior to the development of oral medication for ED, a fair number of male diabetics I work with (at a VA Medical Center) had implants. Those who received implantable pumps were especially pleased with the results (a few offered to "show off" the results to any medical person they saw).

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/penile-implants/MY00358

Gail

Sheldon Marks, MD responded:
When I implanted these I never had a single man who regretted having one put in. in fact, most of the time they wondered why they waited so long. The key is to do your research and find an expert that puts in a lot, and on a weekly basis. They will have better results with fewer problems.

Helpful Tips

The real worry with EDExpert
Most men just want to know what can be done to bring back great erections. So often men ask whether they should take a pill , which one or ... More
Was this Helpful?
108 of 148 found this helpful

Expert Blog

The Male Room - Sheldon Marks, MD

Dr. Sheldon Marks shares advice and information on men's health issues, from prostate problems to hair loss, as well as fitness and nutrition...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.