Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
Blood in semen!!
Esheg posted:
3 weeks ago I had blood in my semen. A few days ago it cleared up. I then started to masturbating a bit more and now the problem is back. Is excessive masturbation/rigorous masturbation a cause of this problem? If it is how long should I stop so it can completely heal? And is there any treatments i could do at home? I don't want to go to a doctor because my parents will find out, AND the problem did clear on its own the first time.
BTW i am 19 yrs old.

UnderWaterKid responded:
I just had this occur no more than half an hour ago. I had been master bating and when I squeezed the last bit of come out I found a very very very small amount of blood in my sperm. About the size of one of the letters on this screen. I'm 18 years old and was the captain of the cross country team last year. I hadn't gone running since last season ended. So two days ago I decided to go for a run up to my work to collect my pay check. Its a pretty far run for not running in about a year. My legs have been in some muscle pain but nothing I'm not used to. Until this morning when I discovered my situation. It was a little scary but I'm going to save the worrying until I know somethings really wrong. It didn't hurt nor did it feel any different than usual. I don't have health insurance and I just paid to go get my sprained arm looked at about two weeks ago. I've also been experiencing very small kidney stones on and off for the last few years. I passed some last night before I went to bed but was still in some discomfort when I laid down. So my thoughts are it's either from my workout (extensive run), or the kidney stones from last night hadn't completely passed and may have cut a little something internally. I don't know your complete situation or if anything could have lead to this for you but we may be experiencing the same thing. This is the first time this had ever happened to me. As far as you not wanting your parent to find out you could just locate your nearest clinic on your own. But every one has some body issues, I'm sure your parents had some weird stuff happen to them too. You shouldnt be embarrassed to talk to them about it.

Esheg replied to UnderWaterKid's response:
Ya i have no pain either and the amount of blood is small. I workout everyday and eat right. I think frequent masturbation can be the cause, so i will just stop doing it for a week. I have no other symptoms or pain.

Sheldon Marks, MD responded:
Blood in the semen (hematospermia) is something that happens and is not bad or abnormal. It means nothing and is nothing to worry about unless the bleeding is heavy or prolonged. If you think it is related to any activity then it would be smart to back off and avoid that activity for a while to let everything heal up.

Helpful Tips

my husband has ed
feel ashamed but i do, my husband has ed and i try very hard to get it hard and i get so frustrated that i get upset and and roll over and ... More
Was this Helpful?
22 of 39 found this helpful

Expert Blog

The Male Room - Sheldon Marks, MD

Dr. Sheldon Marks shares advice and information on men's health issues, from prostate problems to hair loss, as well as fitness and nutrition...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.