Skip to content
Alcohol & Erectile Dysfunction
An_242797 posted:
I have a question regarding erectile dysfunction. When I get home each night I have a few glasses of wine or a cocktail or two. I understand that alcohol can affect erections. I can get aroused and get an erection but when my wife and I start to have intercourse, it goes down and I can't get it back up. Has my drinking damaged my penis? If I stop or cut down will I stop having problems? I've seen my doctor, and he said to cut back or quit drinking. I have had circulation tests done and they say everything is "normal" Cialis & Viagra helps a little but not 100%
georgiagail responded:
Have you done what your physician has suggested; quit drinking and wait a bit to see if things improve?

mroe1 replied to georgiagail's response:
Yes, but I'm worried that now "I'm damaged"
georgiagail replied to mroe1's response:
Unlikely considering your relatively small amount of alcohol use.

hoosierphilly responded:
smoking is raising your risk of heart disease. Maybe you will be lucky like my husband and then decide to quite after two stents. But ED is a sign your blood flow is slowing dowing in our penis. Just because an angio gram is pretty clear does not mean you don't have plaque build up and it can quickly clog those tiny veins in your penis. Look up by subject of ED, penis pain, One abstract on spinal control of penile erection is informative in general.

Smoking certainly aggrivates or precipitates ED as well. And it causes more heart disease than lung cancer.

Helpful Tips

my husband has ed
feel ashamed but i do, my husband has ed and i try very hard to get it hard and i get so frustrated that i get upset and and roll over and ... More
Was this Helpful?
22 of 39 found this helpful

Expert Blog

The Male Room - Sheldon Marks, MD

Dr. Sheldon Marks shares advice and information on men's health issues, from prostate problems to hair loss, as well as fitness and nutrition...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.