Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Erections
Anon_17181 posted:
I am 26 years old, and have been single for the last six years. During my last relationship we had sex often for a good year and a half. As far back as 6 maybe 7 years ago until today even, I get these random erections throughout my day, that usually don't last long, but they happen at weird times like when i'm sitting at my computer working, not even being stimulated, or when i'm driving. I was told it's normal for young men to have erections, but I still think I have an odd amount of erections in one given day. Also, it's embarassing, and difficult to keep hidden sometimes. To make matters worse, I get stimulated too easily, and it can be difficult to be with a girl in a relationship setting because when I get close to a girl in this regards, whether its dancing or just kissing, I get erections too easily. I have not masturbated for the last two months, but that hasn't helped I don't think. What do you think could be the problem?

georgiagail responded:
There is no problem. You are perfectly normal. You might find a slight decrease in these if you masturbated more often.

Gail

amr_4242 replied to georgiagail's response:
What would your response be for someone who did not want to masterbate? I have been a Christian for a long time and truthfully I have struggled with it for the last ten years, but I have now gotten to a place where I am not doing it anymore, and I wish to keep it that way. If these types of erections are normal for young men like myself then I will learn to live with it the best I can; I only wanted to see if this is something other men struggle with and what they have done to help minimize the situation. Thanks for your input.

abe648 replied to amr_4242's response:
Congratulations that you have finally gotten a handle on not masturbating. That is great. Gail is right that you are normal. Do you ever get nocturnal emissions...do you wake up in the middle of the night and find that you have semen in your shorts? If so that is one way that the body regulates you when you do not masturbate. If you do not get nocturnal emissions than not much you can do but live with this. God made us men to always be this way and when you find that person for you then you can enjoy lovemaking to its fullest.
God Bless you.

Helpful Tips

The real worry with EDExpert
Most men just want to know what can be done to bring back great erections. So often men ask whether they should take a pill , which one or ... More
Was this Helpful?
108 of 148 found this helpful

Expert Blog

The Male Room - Sheldon Marks, MD

Dr. Sheldon Marks shares advice and information on men's health issues, from prostate problems to hair loss, as well as fitness and nutrition...Read More

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.