Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
Penile tendon tightened by inguinal hernia repair
sactomike47 posted:
I had surgery for inguinal hernia about 4 months ago. Since then the tendon on that side of my penis is much more pronounced. it seems to be pulled tighter. This causes no that bothers me except during intercourse. Positions that exert pressure straight down from the pubic bone (e.g., woman on top and thrusting downward to increase her pleasure) pull this tendon to the point of pain.

I don't relish surgery to cut that tendon (I believe this is a form of "penis enlargement" surgery that itself causes sexual dysfunction). Will this tendon lengthen and stretch over time?

I'm in excellent health and 65 years old.

nohard responded:
You could try doing some stretching exercise's your self, if you have a look on pegym.com you may find your anwser there, as its main thing is PE and its not a bad site.
Good Luck

Sheldon Marks, MD responded:
This should get better with time as the inflammation slowly resolves - but it can take many months to a year and a half to be at its normal baseline.Talk to your surgeon about a course of anti-inflammation medication that might help.

Helpful Tips

The real worry with EDExpert
Most men just want to know what can be done to bring back great erections. So often men ask whether they should take a pill , which one or ... More
Was this Helpful?
109 of 149 found this helpful

Expert Blog

The Male Room - Sheldon Marks, MD

Dr. Sheldon Marks shares advice and information on men's health issues, from prostate problems to hair loss, as well as fitness and nutrition...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.