Skip to content
Low T....went to see Doctor.
smi0406 posted:
Hi,

Two weeks ago I had blood taken from my PCP. Came back with a Testosterone level of 241. I'm 38 years old. After looking everywhere on the net it seemed the overall consensus was that was a definite low level....especially for my age.

Today I went to the Urologist who says it's low...but not THAT low. He ordered more test to check for levels of Prolactin, LH and FSH....and also a Pituitary tumor! Worst part is, he said i need to come back in TWO WEEKS!

What does all of this mean???? Am I going to end up on some sort of therapy? I was hoping he would give me something that was going to improve my life overall.....and now I have to wait again.

Eugenio311 responded:
Your doc is ordering appropriate lab tests in attempt to identify/differentiate which type of hypogonadism (primary or secondary) you MIGHT have. What was the initial reason for having a testosterone level checked? Just curious.

There's so much in the media about "low T" these days. Docs have to know what they're treating, although I understand your frustration having to wait for results and an appointment. Hope you get good news. Eugenio

smi0406 replied to Eugenio311's response:
Symptoms that I heard from the media and online led me to get the tests....sex drive is part of it....but so many other symptoms matched what I'm going through, that for peace of mind.....I just wanted it checked. Then it came back low.....

nohard responded:
You could bypass all your tests, I take it that you are in the states, OK I live in Greece and had to do all my own thing but had ED, and a wayout to incress is DHEA, you can read up about it here on site,its a hormon booster, and to back it up you could try Tribulus, again this will also boost your testostrone and libido and they both boost your energy levals, and if your want to boost your erections, try cayenne and garlic, these both help open your viens down below to help with your erections, look you can google all this that I have put here and check them out.
Good Luck

Helpful Tips

Erectale dysfunction
To whom it may concern 6 years ago I had a vey bad colon cancer operation. Since, my sperms goes to my bladder. Also, my erections are not ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 6 found this helpful

Expert Blog

The Male Room - Sheldon Marks, MD

Dr. Sheldon Marks shares advice and information on men's health issues, from prostate problems to hair loss, as well as fitness and nutrition...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.