Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Any spouse support groups for ED
An_245186 posted:
My husband is 33 with newly diagnosised hormonal ED. he is currently on androgel the pump but it's not really working. He was initially on testim which seemed to work great, but now our insurance won't cover it. I have slowly watch him fall into a pit of depression and it's getting difficult to deal with, esp the mood swings. the littlest things can send him into an emotional spiral. i have gone through crying over feeling rejected, not being as sexually active in our marriage as we once were to now the void of intimacy and emotion. I know it's not his fault and he is trying to find a solution, but this is difficult and I can't talk to him about my feelings because he feels like I blame him. does anyone know if there are any support groups or blogs for women who are suffering with their men and praying that one of these medical solutions works. I have no one to talk to you can relate and I feel unloved and alone.

dfromspencer responded:
Hi An_245, i myself had E.D. when i was in my mid to late twenties. And yes, like your husband, i dealt with it very badly. I cant speak for your husband, but i can tell you this, i was terrified! Just the thought of not pleasing my wife threw me into a deep depression. I was so afraid she would find out, i actually picked fights with her to avoid the bedroom. How crazy is that?

Dont let this get you down. Talk to a cousellor, find out how best to breach this subject with your husband? Communication is the absolute must, in this situation!

Please understand this, your husband does not hate you, nor does he want to neglect you. Understand that this is a horrible experience that the two of you are going thru. But, you can help yourself and him. Talk to that cousellor. And, there are plenty of helpful resourses right here on this site. All you have to do is look around the site.

It sounds to me like you really want to help? Whatever you do, dont give up! Remember this, its not his fault! And the two of you working together should strengthen your marriage. Best of luck to you both! Dennis

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi and welcome to WebMD,

I hope that Dennis' response is helpful to you. While you're waiting for more feedback, take a look at this discussion on the same topic (you're definitely not alone):

women dealing with ed with their partner
Treat people as if they were what they ought to be, and you'll help them to become what they are capable of becoming. ~Goethe

Helpful Tips

The real worry with EDExpert
Most men just want to know what can be done to bring back great erections. So often men ask whether they should take a pill , which one or ... More
Was this Helpful?
108 of 148 found this helpful

Expert Blog

The Male Room - Sheldon Marks, MD

Dr. Sheldon Marks shares advice and information on men's health issues, from prostate problems to hair loss, as well as fitness and nutrition...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.